FBX Export deletes averaged normals

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2013   #1
Question FBX Export deletes averaged normals

I have a multiple mesh character. When I export to FBX, and import it back into maya to check, there are seams where the mesh is broken, when there were not before. I found that by deleting the history the seams go away, but the thing is, that would delete my skinning weights. So, I tried delete all by type NONDEFORMER history, but that doesnt work.

I've tried using different settings in the exporter but, maybe there is some certain way to have it set up? Or another way to go about this?

I am pulling my hair out trying to figure this out... I've searched tons of threads and no luck. Since it works with history deleted, except skin weights are lost... there must be some way that this works.

I have even tried exporting skin weights, deleting all history, rebind mesh parts to skeleton, importing the skin weights, then export to fbx. And it still leaves seams between meshes when imported back in.

I tried freezing the normals, that didnt work either. Seems like FBX export doesnt like averaged normals. But there must be some way...

Thanks.

Old 05 May 2013   #2
bumpppppppppp

Old 05 May 2013   #3
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread