How to change from linear to beauty render in VRAY?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2013   #1
How to change from linear to beauty render in VRAY?

Hello guys,

I have a setup for my render that is linear workflow as I have followed a tutorial so its all good. In render view I have it to show me sRGB so I can see the image nicely.
I do not want to do any hassle with gamma correction later or anything so I want my batch render to output sRGB images just like I see them in render view (converted from linear).
Now, what settings do i need to tweak? I have tried to set the gamma to 1 but that didn't help or I unticked linear workflow but it didn't help either. Could you please advise me how to set up this window so I can have render view images same as final ones, please?
Thank you

Old 04 April 2013   #2
In that case, set your image format to any 8 bit such as jpg, png, etc, and take off "Don't affect colors"

Depending on your scene, you may have to take off "affect background" too. Something you'll need to experiment.

Old 04 April 2013   #3
thank, i will test it out. Do I still leave gamma at 2.2. or do I untick linear workflow (or set gamma to 1) ?
Sorry for such a basic question but most tutorials etc teach you this linear workflow but for my needs it creates more hassle than good so I just want to be able to hit batch render and have same picture from there as its in render view
Thank you for your help, very nice of you.

Old 04 April 2013   #4
You really should never render out in 8bit images. Leave them a 16bit scanline zip or something like that.

Old 04 April 2013   #5
Originally Posted by Gloor: thank, i will test it out. Do I still leave gamma at 2.2. or do I untick linear workflow (or set gamma to 1) ?

If your render is already looking correct with sRGB preview, then you should be able to leave everything the same and untick only "Don't affect colors".
Oh, and choose 8 bit image format too.

Linear workflow is quite a big topic and it's worth learning the real thing by the way, as Christian suggested.

Last edited by Panupat : 04 April 2013 at 05:31 AM.

Old 04 April 2013   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread