CGTalk > Software > Autodesk Maya > Maya Rendering
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  
Old 01-21-2013, 11:33 PM   #1
Art Director
Match Ignite
Toronto, Canada
Glitchy Render Settings Window

Hi, Just wondering if anyone else has run into this...

I have a project set up to render out at 1080p. Whenever I open the render settings, the window flashes and the "image size" settings revert to 640x480. Dumped the prefs, no love. Also, noticing that instead of the just showing tabs in the render settings window associated with the engine I'm running (in this case MR), I'm getting tabs appearing in a grouping I've never seen before - Common, Maya Software, Maya Hardware... etc.

I'm running osx 10.8 with a Quadro4000, 2 Apple 27" LED displays and a Cintiq 22HD. The machine is new. Been noticing some glitchyness in After Effects as well - when I stop a preview from playing back, all the tabs seem to bounce around for a second before returning to normal. I'm thinking this is probably a graphics card issue but hopefully someone out there has seen this and has a quick fix.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:58 PM   #2
Bernardo Pichardo
santo domingo, Dominican Republic
for me those seems to be a render layers and override things. suppose you have two render layers, one is set to render with mental ray and the other one with maya software, if you select the masterlayer, in the render setting windows you will be seen both renderers tabs. about the size, maybe you have an override applied to it? if you're not using any render layer, i have no clue what the problem might be.

good luck!
Old 01-22-2013, 07:58 PM   #3
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
Thread Closed share thread