mia_exposure_photographic and AO

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2013   #1
mia_exposure_photographic and AO

when i setup AO like:

and i render effect map that is only black and white,that is not like a ambient occlusion pic:

how i can set to get a ambient occlusion effect pic?ths for help

Old 01 January 2013   #2
Ambient occlusion is typically unnecessary nowadays.

However, if you meed it for an effect, it doesn't require lights. I would not use the sun & sky system at all.

Old 02 February 2013   #3
The lights are not the problem and sun & sky is fine. The problem is the lens-shader.

Step 1: Prepare Occlusion Layer
Create a new Render-Layer, rename it "Occlusion". Select your objects and add it to the layer (Rightclick > Add selected objects). Right-click on the Render-Layer again, choose "Attributes", click on "Presets"-button and choose "Occlusion". Your objects automatically getting an occlusion surface shader and appearing black in viewport. But with your photographic-lens-shader it doesn' work - it renders black. So you have to remove the lens-shader for this layer.

Step 2: Overwrite Lens-Shader
While your Render-Layer is still selected, go to your camera shape node. Under mental ray > lens shader, right-click on "lens shader" and choose "Create Layer Overwrite". The "lens shader"-text is orange now. Now right-click again and choose "Break Connection". Now it should work.

Your masterLayer is unaffected by this overwrite and always using the lens-shader.

Old 02 February 2013   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread