Houdini Ocean Toolkit for Maya

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 06 June 2011   #61
Originally Posted by Irakli: Can't load plugin on maya 2012 x64. I think it is happening after maya's hotfix 2 installation.

The specified module could not be found.
  (hotOceanDeformer)

I was wrong

Old 06 June 2011   #62
Thanks for your reply but it just all gone above my head.can you please explain a bit more. and one thing i haven't use hot till now. so I'm pretty fresher to it

Old 06 June 2011   #63
sadicus: Use the deformerAndShader_Maya2011.ma example file. They changed something in Maya2011 and up so that one should render fine.

Irakli: You gave me a little shock there. I already started grumbling 'stupid recompiling for every tiny maya update'. So it works fine even on update2 ?

tanmoycgartist: Try assigning the ocean deformer first to a plane and then other deformers to create the maelstroem afterwards.

Some time soon I will release a new version that works also in object and tangent space. This limitation to worldspace has annoyed me for some time now. Only a little more testing needed.

Last edited by colt : 06 June 2011 at 07:17 AM.

Old 06 June 2011   #64
Thanks colt.
Maya2010 x64 is being used,
deformerAndShader_Maya2011.ma

// Warning: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: ramp2 //

// Warning: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: water //

// Warning: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: foam //

// Warning: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: volumeNoise1 //

// Warning: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: ramp1 //

// Warning: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: lambert3 //

// Warning: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: layeredShader1 //

// Warning: Errors have occurred while reading this scene that may result in data loss.

The only file that opens is:
deformerAndShader.ma
but that's the one that renders weird.

Old 06 June 2011   #65
Originally Posted by colt: Irakli: You gave me a little shock there. I already started grumbling 'stupid recompiling for every tiny maya update'. So it works fine even on update2 ?

Oops! I'm sorry. Yes it works perfectly. It was my fault.
And thanks for sharing such amazing tool.

Old 07 July 2011   #66
I still have 2 problems.

1. you see the same wave comming back
2 the horizon should be flat but there are now waves.

I looked in the spider of nodes but could not find out what to do.
My settings for the tool are at the moment like this:

And my render looks like this:

With red i marked the problems.
can some one tel me please how to fix this? I cant get it done and the spider of nodes dont say me anything.. So could you please go a bit in the details?

Ow and mij resolution of the ocean is 600x600

* EDIT***
I was also wondering how to get a foam trail behind the ship when he is going trough the water? I gues i need to draw my own map and place it on something... but i realy do not have a clue

Last edited by =LuxX= : 07 July 2011 at 09:52 AM.

Old 07 July 2011   #67
still no osx version?

Old 09 September 2011   #68
Would someone be able to translate the shader for vray for maya and max?

Old 09 September 2011   #69
Thanks a lot for this compiles! Now there's finally an ocean solution for Maya that's worth something! The deformer alone does a great job in creating ocean mesh and animation. Didn't try the included shader yet, but the results are really great so far. I'm going to play with it more for sure.

Old 09 September 2011   #70
Originally Posted by Dr. Ira Kane: Thanks a lot for this compiles! Now there's finally an ocean solution for Maya that's worth something! The deformer alone does a great job in creating ocean mesh and animation. Didn't try the included shader yet, but the results are really great so far. I'm going to play with it more for sure.

I'm also using the deformer on a very dense mesh in order to render with vray. Works great! And I can see the whole mesh animated and shaded in the viewport.

Old 05 May 2012   #71
New Maya - new compile. I added a compile for Maya 2013 64bit.

I also added world, object and tangent space mode to the deformer. In object space the waves will follow the objects transformations like translate, rotate and scale.
In tangent space the waves are generated based on the uvs. So you can have waves on non planar objects which should follow deformations. I haven't tested this that much, but hopefully it'll just work.

The shader only does world and object space. I'm seem to be unable to get into tangent space in mental ray.

Have fun, Nico

Old 05 May 2012   #72
Thank you Nico! This tool is amazing. Could somewone compile a Mac version, please?

Old 05 May 2012   #73
Besten Dank Nico und ein schönen Gruß aus Deutschland

Old 05 May 2012   #74
Once again Nico .. You Rock!

Old 05 May 2012   #75
Originally Posted by Irakli: Thank you!

Hi,Irakli
How can you solve the problem when you get a message "The specified module could not be found.(hotOceanDeformer)" I also have the same problem and I don't know how I can fix it.
If you can share it, please let me know the solution.Thanks

Ruby

reply share thread