pyroclastic flow Tutorial Maya

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2013
Wink pyroclastic flow Tutorial Maya

Hey nice people ,

i have a Problem i work with maya fluids and try to create a pyroclastic flow.

Like in this video :
http://vimeo.com/39534169 or http://vimeo.com/60604808

Or this image

But i searched in the internet but i cant find any Tutorial for maya fluid dynamics.

Maybe there is a Tutorial out there if you create some kind of
pyroclastic flow in maya.

Every help is helpfull. Cheers

Morris

09 September 2013
Hey,

Dynamic Tutorials for Maya a really hard to find, espaccially good ones. I am also in search and I found some on another learning source. but they are not for free. I don't know if they are good or not, so i didn't purchase them, as I am not in that much of a need. But from the Intro Movies they seem fine. It's up to you to try or not.

Regards

Edit:
It seems I can't post the link here. Sorry for that, maybe you'll find them yourself on google. Will be a good reason the link to the Page is just ******. It is a site that offers many courses and learning resources. Personally i don't have any expirence with them.

09 September 2013
Hey,

Even if I have never tried to do something like this, i think if you emit fluids using a texture like a noise, because of the patern, you will probably get all those little balls wich create the scale and the details.

To get the rolling effect, using a lot of swirl and maybe some gradient force can create a nice shape. And don't forget using some damp, it will keep the voxels together and it will help keeping the stability of the effect.

Good luck, you can do this, it will juste take some time. And you know that the time is nothing when you get what you want.

André

09 September 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread