Splash and foam

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2013   #1
Splash and foam

So, I have been pretty absent from 3D for about 5 years and am trying to pick it back up. I talked to a person who needed a logo made and this is where I am at.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFH6...be_gdata_player

I am trying to figure out the best way to do the splash and foam. I got it set up in Real Flow but my computer couldn't handle the mesh out process so I rebuilt it in Maya. I was able to get the foam particles out of RF but have no idea how I should go about rendering them. I don't mind scrapping them and redoing them either. I also got the foam exported as a texture sequence for use as a displacement map if that is best.

The splash isn't really a big concern, I think I can figure it out but the foam has me stumped. Maybe a mist too? Any of you got any ideas on how to handle this? When I look around all I find is people saying to use other software but that's not really in my grasp at the moment.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by pyromaniac511 : 04 April 2013 at 01:07 AM.

Old 04 April 2013   #2
to render the particles from the foam in maya you wil probably need either kraktoa or a particlerender like exocortex fury.

then you get an import tool that lets u import the particles into maya, shade them as you like and render.

Old 04 April 2013   #3
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread