Fluids Center Implode attr Issue

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2013   #1
Fluids Center Implode attr Issue

Hi all, I am facing some issues with the fluids center implode attribute. I have applied a Crater 3d texture to the center implode attr to get a particular look. A single frame render or a static camera batch render works fine, but when there is a batch render involving camera animation, the texture looks like they are animated. There is no animation in the texture node or in fluid texture time, but still it looks like its animated. I am guessing that its a case of texture swimming. I tried solving the issue the way we solve the texture swimming problems, but I could not come up with any solution. Any idea on how to solve it ????
If it cant be solved then I guess my last option would be to apply a texture to a sphere and try to get the same look through that

Last edited by gameSedit : 02 February 2013 at 06:10 AM. Reason: adding an image

Old 02 February 2013   #2
Shading network textures by default only get evaluated on the fluid container boundaries... you could increase the volumeSamplesOverride on the fluid shape to sample the texture within the fluid, but for a crater texture this might need to be high to resolve it well enough, making the render slow.

Old 02 February 2013   #3
Thumbs up

Hi Duncan, after enabling the VolumeSamplesOverride and playing with the sample values, it works the way I wanted it. As you had mentioned it does take more time to render, but I guess that is something I can live with for now.
Thank you very much for helping me out. I appreciate it. Cheers

Old 02 February 2013   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread