Maya Fluids Render layers

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02 February 2013   #1
Maya Fluids Render layers

Hi Everyone,

I have simulation where smoke and fire is being emitted by different emitters but in the same fluid container. Now I want to render fire and smoke separately in different layers so I can composite them and do color correction separately in Nuke.

How can I do that? If I turn off the smoke emitter then there is no fire.

Can someone please help me.

Thanks & Regards,

Sid
 
Old 02 February 2013   #2
Someone please help me out. My project deadline is friday. Please.
 
Old 02 February 2013   #3
You can copy your fluid rigs and then using Attribute Preset Tool copy your values. Then you can render it in different layers.
__________________
vimeoVideos
Render Monkey
 
Old 02 February 2013   #4
http://bit.ly/XRkloe

or search here, there have been numerous threads the past few years about this already...
__________________

.

Reel - 3DInk.com
Filmography -IMDB
R&D - VIMEO

*please read- cyanbsl.blogspot.com/*
 
Old 02 February 2013   #5
Hi,

I am not sure I understand. Can you please explain it to me in steps.

Thanks,

Sid

Originally Posted by Irakli: You can copy your fluid rigs and then using Attribute Preset Tool copy your values. Then you can render it in different layers.
 
Old 02 February 2013   #6
Originally Posted by HowardM: http://bit.ly/XRkloe

or search here, there have been numerous threads the past few years about this already...



glorious!! can u google for me how to do this, id love to stick it on some of my posts.
__________________
end of the day, pawn and king , same box
 
Old 02 February 2013   #7
Originally Posted by siddhartha9: Hi,

I am not sure I understand. Can you please explain it to me in steps.

Thanks,

Sid


In the up right corner of attribute editor you'll find a button called Presets. You can save your entire fluid attributes values as preset and then in the same menu apply it to another fluid. Leave only one emitter in each fluid.
__________________
vimeoVideos
Render Monkey

Last edited by Irakli : 02 February 2013 at 08:59 PM.
 
Old 02 February 2013   #8
Hi Irakli,

Thanks for explaining. I did this before. But without Density, the fire will not ignite since it is in a different container.

I am attaching my file here so you could better understand my problem

I have 2 emitters.

1 with only density and another with only heat and fuel.

Sid

Originally Posted by Irakli: In the up right corner of attribute editor you'll find a button called Presets. You can save your entire fluid attributes values as preset and then in the same menu apply it to another fluid. Leave only one emitter in each fluid.
Attached Files
File Type: zip smoke_fire.zip (75.7 KB, 11 views)
 
Old 02 February 2013   #9
hey there,

after poking around your scene,
i killed the dens emission on the second emitter, and transfered that value to the first emitter,
id personally use render layer overrides on the emitter and separate my heat and density and diffuse light ect ect that way,
then each element you want has its own render layer, and possibly different attribute values accordingly.
there was a tutorial ( id love to get ahold of ) a while ago going around with an ice cream truck explosion, where the author explained this method alot better than i can here,
( if you find that tutorial id love a copy, it could have been a WayneHollingsworth tut , im not sure tbh )

also, id def increase the sub steps and the solver quality, unless you just dialed it all down for the file share.

hope this helps
RV
__________________
end of the day, pawn and king , same box
 
Old 02 February 2013   #10
Agree with ritchiv . Actually I was doing the same way .
__________________
vimeoVideos
Render Monkey
 
Old 02 February 2013   #11
Thanks a lot ritchiv. I will see if I can find the tutorial.


Originally Posted by ritchiv: hey there,

after poking around your scene,
i killed the dens emission on the second emitter, and transfered that value to the first emitter,
id personally use render layer overrides on the emitter and separate my heat and density and diffuse light ect ect that way,
then each element you want has its own render layer, and possibly different attribute values accordingly.
there was a tutorial ( id love to get ahold of ) a while ago going around with an ice cream truck explosion, where the author explained this method alot better than i can here,
( if you find that tutorial id love a copy, it could have been a WayneHollingsworth tut , im not sure tbh )

also, id def increase the sub steps and the solver quality, unless you just dialed it all down for the file share.

hope this helps
RV
 
Old 02 February 2013   #12
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
 
Thread Closed share thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.