Maya Fluids Disappearing from viewport! Help!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2012   #1
Question Maya Fluids Disappearing from viewport! Help!

Hi! I am using Maya 2012 and following Gnomon's master class by Wayne Hollingsworth, explosion lesson. I have a problem. A serious one and I am struggling on it since three days but no luck. Whenever I do a playblast, the sim runs for 20-25 frames and then fluids disappear from viewport. The timeline continuous to move forward but without any fluid on the viewport. I tried dong this several times. I even tried to render and cache the simulation but the problem persisted.
I thought may be there is a bug in Maya 2012 so I upgraded and tried in 2013 and still the same problem. Finally I took the original Gnomon's file and did a playblast and fluid disappeared yet again. (See the link below)
Now I am sure that there is some fault in my system. This has never happened before. I changed RAM, formatted my system and the problem is still there.
I would be really glad if someone can shed some light on this issue. Even the container is not huge. It's 100x100x100 with a base resolution of 100.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EI8...eature=youtu.be

-Arihant

Old 08 August 2012   #2
no cache that is being used on the fluid? if you make a standard 3d container with an emitter an play it will it sim as it should?

Old 08 August 2012   #3
Yes there is no cache attached with the fluid container. And if I make a new file and play with the emitter then yeah fluid is behaving as it should.
I think this is must be something related to GPU driver. I will switch back to the old one and will check.

-Arihant

Old 08 August 2012   #4
did you try it in any other computer?

Old 01 January 2013   #5
did you solve this issue? Got a cached fluid explosion myself (82gb!!!) and its dissapearing on my viewport :/

Old 01 January 2013   #6
Originally Posted by Arihant: Yes there is no cache attached with the fluid container. And if I make a new file and play with the emitter then yeah fluid is behaving as it should.
I think this is must be something related to GPU driver. I will switch back to the old one and will check.

-Arihant

He means in the same scene, make a simple container and emitter and see if they work. If not something is definitely borked in your scene and you may have to reset it up.

Also try caching the fluid. That way you can always load it back in, or into a new container for rendering.

Sometimes things just go wrong and you need to rebuild the scene.

Reel - 3DInk.com
Filmography -IMDB
R&D - VIMEO

*please read- cyanbsl.blogspot.com/*

Old 01 January 2013   #7
Yeah i had a cache but it was still borked :/ in the end i set the fluid container to global zero and re cached. Also scaling the fluid node up post cache does it no favours too :/

Old 01 January 2013   #8
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread