theres a line on my fluid sim...

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2012   #1
theres a line on my fluid sim...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMvQs13DKN8

pls check out this vid of my sim. there's a `highlight kind of a line on top of the fluid. is there a way to eliminate that? my auto-resize on fluid is ON.

thanks.

Old 08 August 2012   #2
Not 100% sure what could be causing this but try emitting in substeps / playing with the solver quality and see if it makes a difference. The line appears to move a little over the frames so I doubt it's blocking causing the issue but could be to do with emission attributes.

After having watched it again the line corresponds with a transition point in the fluid. As in it appears to be emitted and accelerate / encounter a field where the line appears. How is the fluid set up? Are there any extra fields present?

Last edited by antonusklesk : 08 August 2012 at 02:43 PM.

Old 08 August 2012   #3
well weird as it may be, the problem was in lighting. i had a directional light in the scene. and my real lights setting was - off. when i turned it to -on. and previewed it. the line was gone.

to answer your question i did have a volume axis field in there to swirl my fluid. with keyed magnitudes.

thanks for the reply, antonusklesk.

Old 08 August 2012   #4
Glad you fixed it, another one to add to the list of things you only learn through experience lol

Old 08 August 2012   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread