Facial Motion Capture Issues

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2013
Facial Motion Capture Issues

Hey, everyone!

I recently started learning how to apply motion capture (using c3d files) to characters in Motion Builder. After tranfering body motion with success, I'm now trying to learn more about facial motion capture, and how to put it in my characters using Actor Face and Character Face, from the Asset Browser.

Some issues I'm having are kind of getting in the way. After making some tests with the facial c3d files, I wanted to import another c3d file, but one with body motion. When I did that, the face simply stoped working, and the facial markers on the viewport were completely gone. Does anyone know why that happened, or how I could solve that?
On all of my previous tests, I had only used a single c3d file on the scene, so I don't really know the procedure for using multiple files on the same scene.

Thanks in advance! Any piece of knowledge is welcome! It is really hard to find video tutorials online about facial motion capture, so if anyone knows more about it, I'd really appreciate getting some extra help.

01 January 2013
3D Buzz Character and Actor Face

Could you describe your problem more clearly? I dont' understand your exact problem. Anyway, Maybe this valuable tutorial from 3D BUZZ help you:

MB Tutorial Part 32: Character and Actor Face Assets :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9mEqqCsqI8

01 January 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread