Mirroring Animation Trouble

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2012   #1
Mirroring Animation Trouble

Hey, I'm really stuck on this and wondered if anyone could shed some light on the subject.

I currently have a few FBX's taken from a mocap shoot, with run turn left 90 degrees on one clip. I need to mirror that so that the model turns right for 90 degrees instead.

I managed to mirror two other fbx's, but when i try to mirror the running fbxs. Strange things happen.

I think this is the mirror option that is causing problems as it only happens when the mirror box is ticked. Once clicked the hips keep their animation and it is mirrored, but the rest of the bones lose most of their animation and its just sort of shoved on and looks really bad.

No idea what I am doing wrong with this.

I'll give a run down of what im doing incase its me being a retard.

Bring in a character from asset browser then bring in the FBX with the animation on it.

I map up the character to the correct bones on the FBX animation. Once thats all sorted.
I head to the Character controls, hit the drop down then bake (plot) to control rig.

This worked before but no idea why it wont for these animations.
I am a little bit new to motionbuilder but have put in a lot of effort to learn it, so hoping that im not just being a novice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 10 October 2012   #2
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread