Issues with the new design

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2013   #16
First of all, hats off to a better much cleaner design interface for our cg portfolios.
However, I am having quite a bit of trouble with it.

1st when I go to the about section of my portfolio, or go to edit a project i have created it does not update any of my changes even after I pressed the save button.

2nd, I cannot add any new images to the new projects I have just created. I click the add image button, drag my new extra image and then press save, nothing comes up after I refresh.

Old 11 November 2013   #17
Quote: 1st when I go to the about section of my portfolio, or go to edit a project i have created it does not update any of my changes even after I pressed the save button.

2nd, I cannot add any new images to the new projects I have just created. I click the add image button, drag my new extra image and then press save, nothing comes up after I refresh.

The same with me! I can't change the description of projects because Save button doesn't work. And I can't upload any extra images to the project because after refreshing they just vanish.

And a couple of more issues:
1) What about high-resolution? Without this option some works look awful. (
2) Can we sort images manually? It is also important.

P.S. The ad shouldn't be placed right near artists' works. It's some kind of disrespect to my mind. =(

Old 11 November 2013   #18
Broken link to a website. When I click on the link to the site in the CGPortfolio, the site opens in a new window and the reference looks like "http//:", lost colon after http

UPD: Thank you, all right now.

Last edited by xSti : 11 November 2013 at 09:40 PM.

Old 11 November 2013   #19
Originally Posted by Kirt: Forum restricts uploads to 100x100. However, this is a minor issue. I'd rather see the other problems worked out first.
Fixed your avatar restrictions. it was because you are a in a forum leader group that I missed when changing the settings, sorry about that.

Old 11 November 2013   #20
I changed my profile name and put the space in it, now it sports + instead of space and neither my old profile name nor the new are working?

I've been trying to get the help from anyone administrating this site but unable.

Can anyone please fix it so I can get access back to my portfolio.

Thanks

Old 11 November 2013   #21
Quote: 1st when I go to the about section of my portfolio, or go to edit a project i have created it does not update any of my changes even after I pressed the save button.

Quote: The same with me! I can't change the description of projects because Save button doesn't work. And I can't upload any extra images to the project because after refreshing they just vanish.

Dealing with the exact same issues on my end.

The new design direction is much cleaner & user friendly though. Thumbs up.

Old 11 November 2013   #22
Same problem here. Cant save any of my profile details. Also when you click on the "update your portfolio" button from the portfolio tab it takes me to my browsers homepage. very strange

Old 11 November 2013   #23
I'm seeing some subtle changes that I really like, thanks for the improvements!

I have a question related to something less technical.
Judging by the portfolio opener page, it's quite obvious now what kind of work gets highlighted over and over again: characters and sci-fi. No architecture, no vfx, no technical stuff, no design viz etc.
It's something that has been brought up so many times (and denied by staff/mods) but it's so obvious now I couldn't resist posting here.

Isn't it about time to include other type of work to the 'featured' list? I mean, there are lots of artists here who happen to do something different and I'd love to see them represented there in some way.

Old 12 December 2013   #24
Two issues:

(1) The one I originally came here to report - there are a lot of missing thumbnails in the gallery header. A short while ago, only about 10 of the 28 thumbnails had an actual image.

(2) Just now, when I clicked reply to post this, a mysterious black box with a few "loading"-style dots moving back and forth appeared. It went away when I enabled scripts from "ajax.googleapis.com".

Old 12 December 2013   #25
Thanks phexitol.
Originally Posted by phexitol: Two issues:

(1) The one I originally came here to report - there are a lot of missing thumbnails in the gallery header. A short while ago, only about 10 of the 28 thumbnails had an actual image.
Fixed.

Originally Posted by phexitol: (2) Just now, when I clicked reply to post this, a mysterious black box with a few "loading"-style dots moving back and forth appeared. It went away when I enabled scripts from "ajax.googleapis.com".
Fixed. switched from the google hosted jquery-ui to our own server. you can block ajax.googleapis.com again if you wish.

Thanks again.

Old 12 December 2013   #26
Hey Rhys,

there seems to be a problem with the new full-screen view (which is very cool btw!).
Here's an example:
http://pokoy.cgsociety.org/portfoli...t-detail/881268

It seems to happen only for images in wide format, square and common 4:3 aspects seem to resize correctly.

Old 12 December 2013   #27
I deleted my message

My Blog

Last edited by ubikaida : 12 December 2013 at 12:39 AM. Reason: I prefere to be cool

Old 12 December 2013   #28
Just noticed that the CG Portfolio seems to be blurring images:

Comparing the portfolio page to the tumblr page.

Anyone else noticed this?

Cheers

Old 12 December 2013   #29
Rredbyte, the portfolio offers the option to zoom in the images regardless of their size, resulting in blurred, stretched images from smaller originals.

---
Now the generated thumbnail seems to be in better quality, but some older works "converted" to the new portfolio right after the transition still feature some really degraded thumbnails.

Before the new design a footer was added to every submission, it was reprocessed and saved again in jpg, lowering its quality. The thumbs generated during the transition from these already lowered quality works are simply awful. Do I need to resubmit those images to get decent quality projects/thumbnails?

I can't edit the main files, only add secondary images that are of no help.

Comparison:

You can see the old thumbnail in its full size here.

P.s.: A minimum dimension was set for new projects, however, it isn't specified. I'm guessing it's 600px wide, but you should specify it instead of giving a generic error message.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cg_society_thumbnails_comparision_1.jpg (89.2 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg cg_society_thumbnails_comparision_2.jpg (96.6 KB, 33 views)

Old 12 December 2013   #30
Hi all,

Thanks for your thoughts on our images. The redesign required new image sizes, which was certainly a challenge given 10 years of legacy images to process. We've aimed for a balance between great image quality and small file size. No surprise there, I'm sure. Bigger file sizes will take longer to download, so that's the trade-off.

The full size image viewer is something we launched last week. I think it will require some more adjustments to not stretch the images.

Thanks,
Ben

share thread