THANKS for your feedback. It's very much appreciated.
We've been fixing bugs all day, so hopefully a good number of the mentioned ones are now non-issues. I'll try and address each in turn:
1. Page loads fine, but projects thumbnails do not (Safari and Dolphin).
2. Chrome, if you navigate to some other tab, and again to the portfolio one, the page starts loading again (this happens to the forum pages as well).
-- I'm not getting this behaviour, we might have fixed it. Can you recheck please?
3. Infinite scroll: this seems like a cool idea, but in reality it's a pain, since projects need to load all over again if you click on a thumbnail. Or in the Chrome case explained above, you need to click on the "Load more" over and over again, since it only loads the first batch initially.
-- Would you prefer a paging interface?)
4. Pinch / zoom does not work: this ignores one of the most comfortable features of working with a tablet.
--We will look into this one. It might be the case the the responsive design comes at the price of no pinching)
5. In Safari, clicking on the top Profile Image> Drop menu for settings, links to a nonexisting page (http://.cgportfolio.org
), so you cannot access your settings.
--Can you try this again and tell me if it's fixed or broken please. If it's still not working, please try logging out then back in
6. on the main page, the user avatar is missing in the main header
7. on the Portfolio page, sometimes clicking on a project's comments symbol (which should direct you to the original thread) will result in a 'you do not have permission to access this page...' message. It seems to happen with closed threads mostly, some closed threads still open fine
-- We will address this shortly
8. when clicking on the avatar on my own page (opens 'Edit Avatar' page), this is displayed as rule for image size: 'Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 0 by 0 pixels or 0 Bytes (whichever is smaller).' Zeros should be replaced with meaningful numbers
-- Can you send me a screenshot of this please. I can't replicate that behaviour - firstname.lastname@example.org
9. portfolio > about > contact: e-mail and website links do not work
-- Can you send me a screenshot of where this link is please
10. just saw that the 'view portfolio' button grpahics under users' avatars in forum threads are missing, and clicking results in a 'file not found' message site
-- Sorry to ask for another screenshot, but if you circle where it should be that would help me find it!
11. Other than that, it's great to see the improvements finally, congrats! It's so much better now with larger image previews. I'd still have some suggestions but I bet you don't want to hear!
--We would love your suggestions. Fire away to my email address: email@example.com
12. Also, are the portfolio view counts calculated differently now? I noticed when I refresh the browser, it goes up by one. I don't think the old one counted views from the user. Also, it looks like the view count has roughly doubled for everyone? Is it also counting search engine bot hits?
-- The portfolio views are coming from the DB. I'll have another look at how that works. Regarding incrementing the number do you think it should reflect the number of users who looked at a portfolio, not every page they looked at?
13. We will work on a I'll just add that enlarging a 100x100 forum avatar to 250x250, on the Portfolio main page, looks really crappy. Even at 193x193, on the user's Portfolio page, the image looks fuzzle-messy. Bleh.
-- The avatar system needs some work. What we see now is a temporary solution. Updating avatars to 193x193 looks much better than 100x100 if that helps!