Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 09-01-2012, 04:48 PM   #1
Tommy87
portfolio
Tom
Gorzów Wlkp, Poland

Moving scene in pf track 2011

Hi, didn't know where to put this tread.

Can someone tell me how to do moving scene in p track 2011?
I've tracked the shot and camera is moving, but i want to translate it to a scene that the points are moving, not camera.

How to do this?

Old 09-21-2012, 09:38 AM   #2
willvfx
portfolio
William Spencer
Nottingham, United Kingdom

Can I ask why you need only the points moving? Usually just the camera moving is the desired affect.

Anyway to answer your question, as far as I can figure it you'd need to transfer what you've done into an object track. Set up a Edit Camera node with the correct focal length, pipe your footage into this node as well as the solve you've already done. Then create a Make Object node, pipe the Edit Camera node into the left input of the Make Object and your previous solve into the right input. This should place a box around your points which moves through space but your camera will stay fixed.

This is basically the technique shown here:
Pixel Farm PFmatchit Tutorials
Go to the Object Tracking 2 tutorial

Old 09-23-2012, 06:59 AM   #3
aqua9
Frequenter

portfolio
Aditya Reddy Chilumula
Hyderabad, India

pfTrack 2011

it was a difficult task for me to understand the UI, tried to work on it but in vain.
So got back to pfTrack 5.0 which I usually prefer, everythings easy to find

Old 09-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #4
willvfx
portfolio
William Spencer

I understand exactly, took me to awhile to figure out Pftrack 2011, I'm still finding things. But it is a better program somewhat, node based is really helpful and the ability to do tracks in 'background' makes the process a lot quicker

Old 06-21-2013, 01:15 AM   #5
Tommy87
portfolio
Tom
Gorzów Wlkp, Poland

Quote:
Originally Posted by willvfx
Can I ask why you need only the points moving? Usually just the camera moving is the desired affect.

Anyway to answer your question, as far as I can figure it you'd need to transfer what you've done into an object track. Set up a Edit Camera node with the correct focal length, pipe your footage into this node as well as the solve you've already done. Then create a Make Object node, pipe the Edit Camera node into the left input of the Make Object and your previous solve into the right input. This should place a box around your points which moves through space but your camera will stay fixed.

Yes you can
I want to do something like in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...jdpDx8_l8#t=91s

As you can see, there is a moving camera but the object in scene is not. But in the final result, object is moving and camera is only paning in vertical axis.
In autodesk matchmover in export options there is an option to make scene moving and i want to do the same in pf track.

edit camera + make object didn't work ind this case. when i did that then everything was not as i wanted :/

Is there a way to do moving tracked scene in pf track 2011?

Old 06-26-2013, 09:45 AM   #6
willvfx
portfolio
William Spencer

Yeah if you want an effect like that then make object isn't going to work.

The link only goes to the whole vid for me but I think you mean the night's watch elevator bit, right?
I'm not familiar with matchmover and unless you're restricted to pftrack only, I suggest you use that matchmover feature to achieve what you want. Sorry if your just looking for someone to tell you the corresponding buttons between the two programs.

As far as I can tell though that shot in Game of Thrones is just a standard tracked shot, they just trick your eye by having the camera move act as it would when you see an object pass you. The camera is tracked, then they probably add a vertical move to the camera group after they put it in the 3D package which makes it look like the whole thing is moving up the wall, then when the camera reaches its finally point of movement they just extend the track, take the image plate and keep moving it up at the same rate. The camera is still moving but its moving in time with the scene as well now which makes it look like it isn't. It requires a bit of planning when making the shot but that's what I reckon they've done, I could be wrong.

Sorry I can't be of much help.
Btw, I had a look at the user manual for matchmover and I can't see anything called, move the scene, in the export options, if you could maybe point me to what you refer to in matchmover I could probably understand it better and determine the pftrack equivalent

Old 06-27-2013, 04:00 PM   #7
Tommy87
portfolio
Tom
Gorzów Wlkp, Poland

Quote:

The link only goes to the whole vid for me but I think you mean the night's watch elevator bit, right?

I linked video with current time but youre right. the link goes to the whole vid.
The shot im talking about is in 1min 31 sec

Quote:
I'm not familiar with matchmover and unless you're restricted to pftrack only, I suggest you use that matchmover feature to achieve what you want. Sorry if your just looking for someone to tell you the corresponding buttons between the two programs.

I'm looking for solution, not corresponding button

Quote:
The camera is still moving but its moving in time with the scene as well now which makes it look like it isn't. It requires a bit of planning when making the shot but that's what I reckon they've done, I could be wrong.
I thought about it and i come up with that the one solution is to track the scene and in 3d parrent everything to the camera Y axis move only. That will simulate the move of the object (elevator)

Quote:
Btw, I had a look at the user manual for matchmover and I can't see anything called, move the scene, in the export options, if you could maybe point me to what you refer to in matchmover I could probably understand it better and determine the pftrack equivalent

When you hit export button then in new window you can choose that te scene or camera is moving

Here it is in the matchmover's manual:
http://download.autodesk.com/us/may...Number=d0e16261

Quote:
5 . Choose an Animate radio button. For certain formats both Camera and Scene radio buttons are available. If you select Camera, the 3D points are fixed and the camera moves. If you select Scene, the camera position is fixed and the 3D points move.

If there's no option to do that in pf track, i'll do this in matchmover.

Last edited by Tommy87 : 06-27-2013 at 04:07 PM.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:00 PM   #8
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread