Challenge issues resolved here

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 06 June 2003   #31
Quote: Originally posted by MVP
Thankyou Bentllama for replying but that doesn't really answer my problem.
At first I thought the name thing was supposed to be the name of your come-back character from the animation but now that I obviously realise I should have put MVP I am asking how I can get this changed without restarting a whole new thread??

Help!

i will change this for you.

Old 06 June 2003   #32
Quote: Originally posted by Aken009
hey Bentllama I was wondering if you could check out my post and lemme know if I am on the right track...or if I'm kinda steering a little too far from the main theme..."showdown"

thanks

oops...here's my link to the thread

looks fine to me. just do not bite off more than you can chew...often the simplest ideas are the easiest ones to refine and make shine...

Old 06 June 2003   #33
I know no dialogue is allowed, but what about grunts, screams and those kinds of noises.

In the last post in my thread i outlined the scene and the heroine has to throw off the badguy. It would work better if she could scream or vocalize her effort with a grunt or something.

If not can I use a dramatic beat at the same point.

Jay
www.byjason.com

Old 06 June 2003   #34
Cheers Bentllama, much appreciated.

"You're tall aren't you"!!

Old 06 June 2003   #35
Hawe questions about technical stuff :

Is there any polygon count limit ?
Can I use depth of field ?
Can I use motion blur ?
Can it be no textures but GI like light ?
Can I help with rotoscoping (if not haw U find out)
Can I use dynamic ?
What about enviroment in this case ?

I'm asking this because level of games is very high and do the quality of picture will involve the final voting .?

thx

Old 06 June 2003   #36
I read the rules, and do have a question.

1) Concept has to be entirely original. Absolutely NO "expansions" or "sequels" to existing "showdowns", and NO "showdowns" based on films/existing games/existing television programs

I asume comic characters are also out?
BUT, useing the character and its history to make my own new "showdown?"

I am useing the character "Death's Head II" as the main character, but makeing up my own fight, character being fought, stage, but kinda following what the character might have done if they made a prequill if that makes sense?

short summary of the character, if ya dont know, the character "death's head" was designed to assimilate people, creatures, in order to stop a "future threat." Something goes wrong and he becomes the old deaths head and goes off on whatever adventures through the series.

I am not going to use any of the"assimilations" from the series, but make up one with my own bad guy and envoirnment. Is that ok?

Grand Space Opera 3D Entry

Old 06 June 2003   #37
Quote: looks fine to me. just do not bite off more than you can chew...often the simplest ideas are the easiest ones to refine and make shine...

Hey Bentllama thanks for the reply...and yes...I tend to lean on the side of overeating...so I'm trying to keep my eye on this one...

~peace~

Old 06 June 2003   #38
Cool. Yeah i totaly see me going overboard on this. But nothing is worth doing unless your under extreme preasure. Not saying this is but well. If i am not pulling my hair out, then it does not feel like i am doing anything.

Old 06 June 2003   #39
Quote: Originally posted by sketchyjay
I know no dialogue is allowed, but what about grunts, screams and those kinds of noises.

In the last post in my thread i outlined the scene and the heroine has to throw off the badguy. It would work better if she could scream or vocalize her effort with a grunt or something.

If not can I use a dramatic beat at the same point.

Jay

use the beat. no dialogue , means no dialogue.

in the future, there will be challenges that may be completely open ended, and everything will be allowed. if you notice, each challenge has been testing out different sets of rules. so the next challenge may be completely different.

Old 06 June 2003   #40
Quote: Originally posted by Argail
Hawe questions about technical stuff :

Is there any polygon count limit ?
Can I use depth of field ?
Can I use motion blur ?
Can it be no textures but GI like light ?
Can I help with rotoscoping (if not haw U find out)
Can I use dynamic ?
What about enviroment in this case ?

I'm asking this because level of games is very high and do the quality of picture will involve the final voting .?

thx

all are acceptable. remeber, this challenge is all about the animation itself. all the little extras and such will just take away from your time in refining the motion to perfection.

Old 06 June 2003   #41
Quote: Originally posted by VHashishV
I read the rules, and do have a question.

1) Concept has to be entirely original. Absolutely NO "expansions" or "sequels" to existing "showdowns", and NO "showdowns" based on films/existing games/existing television programs

I asume comic characters are also out?
BUT, useing the character and its history to make my own new "showdown?"

I am useing the character "Death's Head II" as the main character, but makeing up my own fight, character being fought, stage, but kinda following what the character might have done if they made a prequill if that makes sense?

short summary of the character, if ya dont know, the character "death's head" was designed to assimilate people, creatures, in order to stop a "future threat." Something goes wrong and he becomes the old deaths head and goes off on whatever adventures through the series.

I am not going to use any of the"assimilations" from the series, but make up one with my own bad guy and envoirnment. Is that ok?

if it is an original twist, go for it.

ps: deaths head II rocks.

Old 06 June 2003   #42
YESS he is. HOpe i can do a good enough job of bringing him to the 3d world.

Old 06 June 2003   #43
Hello, my unfortunate request is that you tell me how I can unsubscribe myself from the CGChallenge site SHOWDOWN contest as I will not be able to finish my anim in time.

Old 07 July 2003   #44
Hello?? Hello??

Could you resolve my challenge issue please?!!

Old 07 July 2003   #45
Quote: Originally posted by MVP
Hello, my unfortunate request is that you tell me how I can unsubscribe myself from the CGChallenge site SHOWDOWN contest as I will not be able to finish my anim in time.

I will try to make lildragon aware of this and he can resolve the problem from there...

...it would not hurt for you to PM him as well...

take care, and hope to see you next challenge.

share thread