Challenge issues resolved here

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

06 June 2003
Quote: Originally posted by Assie
ok, i can now post! strange! cheers lil dragon. If i decide to participate, this will be my first challenge, so i have some questions!

1. can this challenge be cartoony, ie funny and a bit slapstick?? i have looked at everybody elses so far, and they seem very dramatic!

2. is the 15-20 second time limit very strict?? howz about if i am 2 seconds over?

3. can i start this challenge if i am pretty sure i wont finish it to it's full petential by the deadline?? I am a newb, so i have no existing models or anything (unless i can fill 20 seconds with fighting spheres?!?!?!)

Thanks for the help,

Assie

1.] yes.

2.] 15-20 sec. firm! it aint fair to everyone else if we allow one person to go over is it? keep within the confines for your submission, then add more for personal folio use later.

3.] stickmen are fine. it is the motion that is the heart of this challenge. the storytelling within the fight scene.

06 June 2003
1. YAY

2. Good idea!

3. k, think simple for now!

Thanks Bentllama

Yeh Gru, i was only playing!!
Sorry p@go for any confusion there!]

Assie

06 June 2003
I have a friend who put in 'I.P.Freely' on his 'spot holding' thread instead of his name. He has tried to Edit this but it will not go...what does he do? His name is ....um.......MVP. But its not me......honest.

"You're tall aren't you"!!

06 June 2003
Quote: Originally posted by MVP
I have a friend who put in 'I.P.Freely' on his 'spot holding' thread instead of his name. He has tried to Edit this but it will not go...what does he do? His name is ....um.......MVP. But its not me......honest.

it should always be your name...it is right there in the contest rules about how to name your thread

06 June 2003
Hey Bentllama, I'm planing to team up with a mate for this months challenge, so just to make sure before I start the thread that there are no issues with that.

Cheers

Photos

Flickr

06 June 2003
Quote: Originally posted by Gru
Hey Bentllama, I'm planing to team up with a mate for this months challenge, so just to make sure before I start the thread that there are no issues with that.

Cheers

their are issues with that. how is you teaming up fair to everyone else that does the job solo around here?

true, that you could just team up and get help from another person without divulging that info in your thread, but you would be cheating yourself...

I would recommend not teaming up. for final judging, if there are team entries, they will be ignored. we got to keep it fair.

your single enty was strong enough last time, so I hope to see you involved in the challenge again.

06 June 2003
Thankyou Bentllama for replying but that doesn't really answer my problem.
At first I thought the name thing was supposed to be the name of your come-back character from the animation but now that I obviously realise I should have put MVP I am asking how I can get this changed without restarting a whole new thread??

Help!

"You're tall aren't you"!!

06 June 2003
hey Bentllama I was wondering if you could check out my post and lemme know if I am on the right track...or if I'm kinda steering a little too far from the main theme..."showdown"

thanks

oops...here's my link to the thread

Last edited by Aken009 : 06 June 2003 at 09:42 AM.

06 June 2003
hi,

2 little questions:

Quote: An action packed confrontation between two characters. One character is losing but makes a spectacular comeback just when you thought all hope was lost.

- is it a MUST that one wins? I would love to do a short where both lose in the end...

- is it nescessary to start ones own thread in the beginning or can I even join later, when I know for sure that I can finish my contribution (due to regular production in my job)?

thank you!
kui

06 June 2003
Thats fair enough Bentllama, I understand your views and the unfairness towards the rest of the people. I assumed that it was ok, as in last visual fx challange there was people that worked in teams. But nevermind we'll race only for the fun of it.

Cheers

Photos

Flickr

06 June 2003
Sorry forgot to mention that my team mate contribution would be modelling and texturing, I would still be doing all the animation....

Photos

Flickr

06 June 2003
Hey mods, just wondering, are we allowed to use any kind of particles / dynamics etc? Like sparks coming from 2 swords hitting eachother etc?
Might be a stupid question, just want to make sure it's okay even it wasn't stated in the rules for the challenge.

Thanks!

06 June 2003
that might be a fun challange for the future. Get into teams and do some longer animations. 2-3 people could turn out a 30 second animation I'm sure.

I'm sure team skills are just as important to learn in animation.

Jay
www.byjason.com

06 June 2003
Quote: Originally posted by Gru
Sorry forgot to mention that my team mate contribution would be modelling and texturing, I would still be doing all the animation....

under those circumstances it is OK...since the focus of the challenge is animation.

06 June 2003
Quote: Originally posted by Veqtue
Hey mods, just wondering, are we allowed to use any kind of particles / dynamics etc? Like sparks coming from 2 swords hitting eachother etc?
Might be a stupid question, just want to make sure it's okay even it wasn't stated in the rules for the challenge.

Thanks!

yes. the rules did not say you couldn't use particles...

but again, the FOCUS of the challenge is all about great animation

share thread