Challenge issues resolved here

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

06 June 2003
Challenge issues resolved here

go for it

06 June 2003
I think I missed it but Did you post results for the whoops competition?

This challenge requires completely new characters, but do I need to have an original set? Or am I trying to make everything original?

Thanks,
Jay
www.byjason.com

06 June 2003
did you look at www.cgtalk.com www.cgchallenge.com or www.3dfestival.com ? Impossible to miss the winners announcement heh

salud

06 June 2003
yeah I'm blind. saw the new challenge and missed the announcement next to it.

Jason
www.byjason.com

06 June 2003
Can you clarify please - is it only the animation that has to be completely new, or do the models have to be as well?

I.e., since this isn't a modelling challenge, could I re-use existing character models?

Cheers - Steve

06 June 2003
Quote: Originally posted by astrofish

I.e., since this isn't a modelling challenge, could I re-use existing character models?

yes

06 June 2003
wasn't divx for mac released some weeks ago? so why not using divx for the final too?

06 June 2003
Question Poser Question

Is the use of poser models allowed in the animation challenge? Not default out of the box models with no tweaks of course, but ones with custom morphs and textures?

06 June 2003
Ok, pre-built models are ok...are pre-built rigs ok too? (i.e. character studio?)

Thanks,
Chris

06 June 2003
I would like to know if the animation has to be entirely computer generated?
Can traditional hand-drawn animation be used for this Challenge?
Thanks,

06 June 2003
Quote: Originally posted by adldesigner

Can traditional hand-drawn animation be used for this Challenge?
Thanks,

yes!

salud

06 June 2003
ok, i can now post! strange! cheers lil dragon. If i decide to participate, this will be my first challenge, so i have some questions!

1. can this challenge be cartoony, ie funny and a bit slapstick?? i have looked at everybody elses so far, and they seem very dramatic!

2. is the 15-20 second time limit very strict?? howz about if i am 2 seconds over?

3. can i start this challenge if i am pretty sure i wont finish it to it's full petential by the deadline?? I am a newb, so i have no existing models or anything (unless i can fill 20 seconds with fighting spheres?!?!?!)

Thanks for the help,

Assie

06 June 2003
Quote: Originally posted by Assie
ok, i can now post! strange! cheers lil dragon. If i decide to participate, this will be my first challenge, so i have some questions!

1. can this challenge be cartoony, ie funny and a bit slapstick?? i have looked at everybody elses so far, and they seem very dramatic!

2. is the 15-20 second time limit very strict?? howz about if i am 2 seconds over?

3. can i start this challenge if i am pretty sure i wont finish it to it's full petential by the deadline?? I am a newb, so i have no existing models or anything (unless i can fill 20 seconds with fighting spheres?!?!?!)

Thanks for the help,

Assie

It is an Animation my friend... if you had look at the guidelines you'll see all the details...

do it the way you want Sci-fi, cartoony, drama...
15-20 seconds Means 15-20 seconds... not 22 seconds
and its an Animation contest.. not a modelling contest.. so i you think you may not have the time to model your caracters.. use sphere like you told...

A good animator is able to give expression, body language and everything wich is involve to anything.. going from sphere to complicated models

regards

06 June 2003
thanks for answering all of my questions in the meanest possible way!!! any MODS got anything to add to that??

Assie :annoyed:

Last edited by westmeadow : 06 June 2003 at 09:05 AM.

06 June 2003
Quote: Originally posted by Assie
[B]thanks for answering all of my questions in the meanest possible way!!!

Meanest possible way??? Thats strong dude, I think p@g0 was pretty straight forward...

stay cool

Photos

Flickr

share thread