Whoops!!!"- Hero- Gru

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2003
Cheers Neox and thanks for the model as well (guess its yours, right?), will follow yo advise and not use meshsmooth, will probably look better...

Photos

Flickr

03 March 2003
yeah its mine
the only problem i see is, that its not "closeupable" even with meshsmooth, because it wasn't meant to get smoothed, maybe i find the time and make him smoothable for you, but i don't know yet have a lot to do till E3 :/

some timelapsed videos

03 March 2003
Cheers dude that would be grand...but dont compromise any of your work cos of that...is just that am not a modeller at all (well you can see for my atempt to give the guy a mouth ) and any changes that i may try to do will just destroy him altogether and that will be the job of the phone box...
looks cool as it is anyway.

Photos

Flickr

03 March 2003
sound fx

Hey all here is a little update of the clip with soung fx , just to give a flavour of the final thingy..

cheers

Photos

Flickr

03 March 2003
haha, very funny. I love the music, great choice. Although I'm not sure we're allowed to add sound fx.

The walkcycle looks ok, but I don't understand what he's doing with his right hand all the time. Snapping his fingers maybe? it's not very clear I think. In the moment in which he stops and then starts running towards the telephone box, the different poses are too noticeable, and a bit too stiff. I also think he doesn't seem to make a big effort when he tries to open the door.
And the audio clip should sound louder. I can hardly hear it with the music and all.

Apart from that, I think it looks nice, great idea.

03 March 2003
it looks very good.
But, your delivery of the dialogue is kind of rushed. I think you need to stop the character, have him deliver the line, then go to the phone box.
This is where editing your story boards to your sound can be really helpfull.

I really like your animation though.
I look forward to seeing how your shot progresses.

XEA-#666

www.ray-guns.com

03 March 2003
Thanks a lot for your comments guys. most apreciated.
I defenitly agree that there are some timing issues, i feel that i rushed into doing quite a bit of the animation and not taking care of the timing and key moments of the action.
Yep Frinsklen, that wiered movement of the right hand is doing my head as well, its meant to be a finger snapping movement, the problem is that the proportion of the upper arm and forearm are like 4 to 1, which gives the character a interesting funny look but's a pain to animate, same goes with the legs..but i very much like him as it is so i'll have to get around the problem and animate him as it is. As for the pulling of the door, it will get much more strong afterwards when he puts his two legs up and pulls like mad till the all thing falls all over him.
think i'll go back and redo the all thing from the moment he hears the scream and try get the timming and action rite.
as for the sounds that was me just doing something very quikly as i just downloaded the voice last nite.

Anyways, thanks a lot for all the feedback.

hasta la vista

Photos

Flickr

03 March 2003
Well in the end i decided to go back and start from scratch, wasnt happy with the first walk and the deadline is still a good 36 days away so why not experiment and waste some time on the way. Here's the new walk test, let me know what you think/sugestions/critics etc

cheers

Photos

Flickr

03 March 2003
i like the arms better this time around, they have better weight. do you use the trax editor at all when you do walk animations or do you just keyframe straightforward? :airguitar

03 March 2003
Cheers Srich,
yep thats all keyframe animation, I'm using Max, guess the Trax is something to do with Maya, probably something like the Max Footsteps, but it only creates simple walk cycles, wouldnt work for a double bounce for exemple.

Photos

Flickr

03 March 2003
Time for a new little update, I'm quite happy up to the point that he deliever his line, but not so sure about the transition from the standing to the run bit, would very much apreciate your comments on that.

...and here is the clip (350k)

Cheers

Photos

Flickr

03 March 2003
Time for a little update , not much this time, only a bit of interaction with the phone booth, next step will be to get him quite enraged and get him to pull even stronger using both feet on the door...C&C welcome!

Cheers

Photos

Flickr

03 March 2003
awesoem keep it going!

04 April 2003
Cheers Mangled Poly, i'll keep it going now, been a bit busy lately.
New animation update and first look of the background .
as you can see the animation is pretty much done, just a few tweeks here and there and the background needs proper texturing on the building and sidewalk.
I would apreciate some comments b4 I get on with the final rendering.

Cheers all.

Photos

Flickr

04 April 2003
Well it made me laugh!! Great funny short! I haven't read your whole thread, but I'd suggest trying to get a little more fluidity in his expressions. Great work!

share thread