The Showdown - character - Gru / PaulC

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2003
Very well animated! I am looking forward to the final movie!

07 July 2003
Thanks a lot guys!

...and at last here is the good guy, credit to Paul C...now is gonna be work work work to try to finnish all on time..

Photos

Flickr

Last edited by grury : 07 July 2003 at 07:06 PM.

07 July 2003
Hey Gru, I just thought about the knife stuff.
Maybe you should try some noise in the motion of cutting. It'll look weird probably but when you add nice sfx the viewer gets the point. It'll stress the idea of the pressure a lot.
And about the first shot with knife, the game with the hand: Don't you think it'll be much more logical to swap with the steak shot. So he first eats and then (after finished) just has the knife and play with it. This would also be a better raised tension, you know this game is much more "" than eating.

Just some ideas

07 July 2003
Cheers Milho, thats a very good point, I'll defenetlly try that. about the sound fx, i'll record them soon and also get some background sound like people wispering, coffing and so on, sort of a snooker type of audience.
was gonna upload the last shot of the guy loadlly drink and then sneeze after smelling the pepper, but did the very silly mistake of leaving it to render overnithgt and only tick the Single Frame box, clever innit?

cheers

Photos

Flickr

07 July 2003
Now I start feeling the heat and wondering if I'll manage to actually get to the end of this.

Small update

Its still a rough, but I'd like to hear some comments on the timing and action in general. This is the last shot, when the "good" guy drops the pepper and the "bad" guy ends up loosing by sneezing.

cheers

Photos

Flickr

Last edited by grury : 07 July 2003 at 09:55 AM.

07 July 2003
I don't understand what is happening to the pepper pot.
Also I don't know how much facial animation you wnat to put into it but I think his eyes should get really really wide just before he sneezes as he is doing the ah-ah-ah stage of the sneeze. If you could combine that with a look of panic it would be spot on.

It may be too late to do this but a wicked idea is to have your screen split in two with the time across the bottom. That way you can really get the feel of them both staring all the time without having to flick from one to the other. just an idea...a week to go, keep up the good work dude.

"You're tall aren't you"!!

07 July 2003
Sorry i didnt mention, but the pepper doesnt fall by itself, is just that i havent done the other character animation, he's supposed to drop it, also need to finish off the facial animation, just did a quick test for this rendering.
the split screen idea is very good, but that would mean doing almost twice as much animation, and with the week and half that is left I dont think thats a good idea at all.

cheers M

Photos

Flickr

07 July 2003
Less than 1 hours to go and i'm still at it...gosh it seems like almost everyone else, will be submiting an unfinished animation. I'll carry on with it and try to finish it within the next few days/weeks. Just been far to busy latelly and also managed to delete a whole scene by mistake.

Here is the UNFINISHED animation...

Cheers to all your comments and support and special thanks to Paul C and Andreas Broqvist for the 2 characters
tdawg217 and frogsgs for aditional models.

Photos

Flickr

07 July 2003
At last I managed to get some proper rendering on the way, my old (and only) PC is driving me insane, its PIII 600 processor is just not up to the job anymore, just like watching paint getting dry.
Anyway now I'll just have to render the the 2 final shots do the final editing plus sound fx and I'll be done...I hope.

Render Update , 3.7 Mb

Cheers

Photos

Flickr

07 July 2003
...and here is the almost final thing, still gotta edit and add the sound fx
Render Update , 3.7 Mb

Photos

Flickr

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

share thread