Scifi ships space, stations and rest - modelling team wanted

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2002
Welcome Crash

I was hoping You will join us

So Expand this species of Yours make more ships present them

Now for Crash only :

To ja oFt

Understanding is a three edged sword

10 October 2002
i'm in, i mostly do modelling, some animating, i suck at texturing, but i can try,

anyways i really think we should come up with some more structure instead of trying to all run off in 200 directions, first i think we need to decide what we want to make, a animated short? a game? after we decide that we need to come up with some final decisions on races and types of technology, if bob and john both think they are making terran ships but they dont look anything alike, thats not gonna work. i dont think we really have the people to make a game, so i would recommend a short, but its really up to und3r, anyways just my .02...

i'm working on a small ship atm, i think its gonna be terran but maybe it will be something else, should post something tonight.

you can aol me at lightwavepunk i also have icq/msn if anyone wants those just ask.

10 October 2002
hrmph, lw just crashed and i lost what i was working on, ow well i start over and make a new improved one...

10 October 2002
i like that crash looks nice. yeah i think u should make them skinnier and tall. but u should also make some big ones for ground forces as. but its up to u i am going to work on some human ships and stuff so that what i am aming towards i am going to make a desert like base and stuff what do u guys think let me know before i start.

10 October 2002
heres my thoughts while waiting on a render, i think we want to make something like a movie or game or whatever and not just a bunch of pics? so if we are going to do a short we should keep it fairly simple, say 2 races, the terrans and the gravity tall dudes, and some kind of battle? we really need to get a plot or something down tho and some ideas about the looks of each race before we do a whole lot more i think otherwise it will just fall apart.

10 October 2002
well we dont really have ant guidlines right now evryone can model anyting they want. so it seems.

its all up to und3r to do it and say what to this is his proj.

10 October 2002
was working on a desert scape to put a base on. what do u guys think.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg desert.jpg (30.1 KB, 684 views)

10 October 2002
hey Tavi very nice, could be a jump outpost on some asteroid. I thought bout organisation and came up with an idea. We could have 3 races, The Terran Federation, The Kirusin Proconsulate, and The Raiders, the last race could be a bunch of diffrent races from distant and nearby worlds that are just plain hit & run guys or just scavengers. Their ships don't have to be alike, they could only have a mark of some sort or some pirate flag , this way many ships can look diffrently. We would start with seperating 3 teams for those 3 races, every team would have to start woth creating plantery systems with names and all, and define some outposts boarders and capital cities on their races homeworld. Then we should take care of their looks, that way it would be easier to define how their buildings and vechicles would look. From there after creating some outposts, modelinbg some buildings we can go for the spacedocks and some ships. Every team could aid each other, but every project has to be voted for to eliminate the unwanted chaos, everyone should try to make similar ships for their races si that everything stays in place. OK whata you think? is it :thumbsdow or
"The concept of love exists in the hearts of some drow, of course, but true love, a selfless desire often requiring personal sacrifice, has no place in a world of such bitter and dangerous rivalries. "
- Drizzt Do'Urden

My Anti-Grav Tank WIP

My Full Moon WIP

My Spider WIP

10 October 2002

I like your idea crash, perhaps one addition is that people with same software should work together to make it easier, ie terrans = MAX Kirusins = MAYA raiders = LW or so? not necissarrily that combo, but would simplify alot of stuff maybe. i dunno how many c4d users we have here tho and maybe some are using blender etc...

I use LW 7b but ive also got max 4 which i suck in.

10 October 2002
oh and it would be nice to define some continents on those planets [homeworlds] an some oceans, could be just a simple drawing, oh some 2d artists would be very appricieted. I'll start my work on the Kirusins Proconsulate as soon as I finish learning , come on guys let's get this moving
"The concept of love exists in the hearts of some drow, of course, but true love, a selfless desire often requiring personal sacrifice, has no place in a world of such bitter and dangerous rivalries. "
- Drizzt Do'Urden

My Anti-Grav Tank WIP

My Full Moon WIP

My Spider WIP

10 October 2002
I think that is a good idea crash. But i still dont know who is in. So far it looks like me u und3r kingmob bane if i am missing anyone else sorri dont know we need a list ot see who is in on this project than we can separate the teams. But that is a great idea cras like the pirate thing hehe mix of all races and alliens.thats cool

10 October 2002
ok guys so report on which team would you like to be, and what are your plans, fire away and will add everyone to the list afterwards, I'll write it down I hope under is ok with this

The Terran Federation:
Under, Tavi, KingMob, Amalinde

The Kirusin Proconsulate:
Crash, Harrad, Levin

The Raiders:
Bane
- Drizzt Do'Urden

My Anti-Grav Tank WIP

My Full Moon WIP

My Spider WIP

Last edited by Crash : 10 October 2002 at 10:02 PM.

10 October 2002
oh under it would be nice if you could change the name of the thread, to something more catching coz it looks like a job offer now , Like "Emmerging Universe" or "Want to play God?, join us!" I talked to Leigh and maybe if we're lucky we'll get a sticky that would rock
- Drizzt Do'Urden

My Anti-Grav Tank WIP

My Full Moon WIP

My Spider WIP

10 October 2002
just a lil something i made. loosely based on tavi's fighter, its more of a multi-role atmospheric/space fighter. the guns below the wing poly count is insane so i'll be redoing them. i gotta add alot of details too, but anyways.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fighter_02.jpg (25.5 KB, 647 views)

10 October 2002
I will like to work on terran federation...but if anyone else needs somthing i will be gald to help. I am a maya user. also if we need to animate some stuff i can do it in mocap save us some time but we will see about that at a later time.

Thread Closed share thread