Scifi ships space, stations and rest - modelling team wanted

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2002
Sci-Fi World - We Create Worlds

Hi there This is my first thread but i am a member of this forum for a long while. I was wondering if there is a posibility to create team of poeple who can create a new Sci-Fi reality world. I know that is a little bit optimistic .. but we can try To create new rases new technologies of ships weapons and so on... I am waiting for suggestions opinions ...

Understanding is a three edged sword

Last edited by und3r : 10 October 2002 at 09:58 PM.

10 October 2002
sounds like fun... I might have some free time, I could help with some concept sketches or something.

Did you have any idea, or just saying it could be fun?

*shamless plug alert* Check out my Character Modeling / Texturing DVD's

10 October 2002
I say that it is a bare project of may own. I have free time also and I alway was interested in SciFi. I don't have any created idea. I am open for suggestions. I thought about creating fiew races but think about scifi.. what is humanity in that creations... it is always far behind ... how about creating space ruling race ?

10 October 2002
hmm.. i would be interested in helping u out but my drawing skills arnt that great but i can model. And i can probably come up with some things let me know if u want help.

10 October 2002
hell, count me in.

Migh tbe fun, I want ot make some sort of ground transport..I have never made a vehicle before, so why not.

I would like to do some sort of terran species, who lost their planet and now deploys ships into space like spores to find a nw planet to reside on.

I will try and think of something more original, but that's my initial thought.

Last edited by KingMob : 10 October 2002 at 03:56 AM.

10 October 2002
Sounds pritty fun. Count me in.

Is there going to be any laws or limits?

Software?

Also is this going towards anything... in the grand scale of things...

-MAtt

10 October 2002
I think it should go somewhere...

and my opinion, no laws or limits on software, but we should try and ground it in reality somewhat, since that always makes the strongest concept IMO ...but this isn't my show, so I will let und3r decide of course,

-

10 October 2002
i think there should be a line we should follow. but as software wise we should be able to use what ever we are confortable with. you can always import form programs to programs i started on a creature should have a rough idea posted tomorrow.

but like kingmob said its und3r's show. also we should be able to talk to one another via somthing. just an idea if we do decide to do somthing.

Hope we can do somthing and goes through

10 October 2002
hehe here is somthing i was working on its going to be somthing like from star craft like a zerg or somthing just making the rough tell me what u think if u can imagine what it can be.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg creature.jpg (16.1 KB, 3314 views)

10 October 2002
a familly dog just give him a head with a long tong

10 October 2002
I think software is not a matter I am a religius 3dmaxian but i don't think that maya or lightwave suxx. I think that we should try... If you want to create a terran rase than do so.. pick a rase, name it and start to creating. I will strat today It would be cool if we can some day but all of it in one annimation but i know that converters suxxxxxx but who cares. We will be the first who did that When we finish creating we can make a script and try to short annimation in some kinda presentation. I think that the most important is creating and putting it togather and do it ... not to stop when we are bored or sth. So do it ! Remember every one who can create its own rase is welcome... every one who have creative mind can try... but please finish what you start.

Peace

10 October 2002
Sounds good. Do you mean each person has to have threre own race?

I think we should limit how many races. So each race has a class....

like in starcraft...
1. monster type things
2. human's (humanoide)
3. Higher beings

but different. once we have them then we can pick one and make some thing for it....

person
weapon
transport
planet

i'll starting thinking of ideas...

"but we should try and ground it in reality somewhat, since that always makes the strongest concept IMO"- King mob

i think this is a good idea. for each race they have to have a tech level.

ie.
If one race uses bullets in guns. they can't have a laser gun. as it wouldn't make sence. as why have the old bullets. But if you make a reason. like they have laser gun but you need a huge generator on you back to power it. so there is only a few of them. or another race has the tech for lasers. and the first race has stolen one of there guns. but doesn't understand it full and so only has limited use of it..

(does any of that make sence?)

-MAtt

10 October 2002
Well I do I agree That's wise So we can create now and here that rases.

One has to be himan (terran). - we have to decide the tech level is it higher or lower than another rases.

Two .....

Three .....

Four .....

Ideas?

10 October 2002
I think terran shoul dbe VERY patchwork, like they are struggling with resources, trying to compete with advanced species..

10 October 2002
Well i think we need a game plan and need to talk an what and what not to do and have a general idea of what we want to do. if u give evryone freedom to do what they want you will have a bunch of things that migh not even be used. we need an outline of what we think we are going to do. ex. base being raided by fighters and troopers. defenders tanks and troopers. somthing along those lines. otherwise it will take a long time to develop.
If we have a game plan this will work more efficient thats my idea.

Thread Closed share thread