Short Film: Final Outpost

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2004
jermery im an animator mate not modeler lol check my email. i'll be doing some character modeling but im an animator mainly.

and high observer

allthough i suggest we get a rigger in the team as my skills arnt so extensive in that area. By the way im using maya 6.

Last edited by Benman : 11 November 2004 at 05:15 PM.

11 November 2004
Lol, hi all, btw my name's Dave, well actually Davy Van Verdegem, but I'd rather be called Dave.
And I'm using Max 7.

11 November 2004
Catch-Up

Of course you are benman, that's what I said - after the fact. Sorry about that

Good call on the software mentioning, though luckily most of the modern software is fairly interchangable we'll have to settle up on something for the final renderings and animation.

Dave it is!

11 November 2004
The_Observer, does this mean I don't need to worry about any concepts for the enviroment? Just strictly stay with characters, vehicles and weapons?

Tom

11 November 2004
Well, that's up to you Tom, I can draw, but not that well, so I'd be easier if I'd have some good concepts. But I think you have already enough work with the other stuff, so if that's the case, I can make it on my own too.

11 November 2004
Is there a small/simple object you need modeled? Possibly textured too. I just bought XSI Foundation and need something to practice on. I just want a little assignment to prove myself. If I can't do it, I'll step down and leave this to the talented people

11 November 2004
Thumbs up Simple Object

Originally Posted by Vertizor: Is there a small/simple object you need modeled? Possibly textured too. I just bought XSI Foundation and need something to practice on. I just want a little assignment to prove myself. If I can't do it, I'll step down and leave this to the talented people

Hey Vertizor, thanks for the interest.
When it comes to modeling, there's no such thing as simple in my book, but here's something that might fit into your request.
There's a need for a type of ripcord device that gets harnessed to a suit. It'll be close to a "J" hook with a clasp on it to loop around a connector.
Metal, attached to a metal cable, and with a locking mechanism.
Think that'll work? If so, let me know and I'll point you in the right direction for the script and more information.

Thanks,
KCDragon

11 November 2004
Forum Board

Just to give an update (due to my hyperactivity regarding this project), I thought I'd post the forum board for people who might be interested in following the progress or adding their own thoughts.

http://s91405944.onlinehome.us/index.php

11 November 2004
The forum is coming along nicely. I should have the outer body armor done this weekend.

I do have a question on that. When I sent the turnarounds of the head and torso, they were pretty large as requested by the mod/animator. Will I need to make the body armor/helmet the same size or can I make a smaller version and have the mod/animator make the adjustment? If I can make it smaller, I won't have to scan it in "parts" and I'll be more accurate with the turnarounds.

-cheers,

Tom

11 November 2004
Tom, I feel you should send the lower res in full to the modelers/animators and if/when we need the more detailed stuff they can get it later.
I'm not a modeler by trait, but when I do model I need the general, not the detailed.
Go with the small Tom,

KCDragon

11 November 2004
yeh i agree with dragon small should be fine.

11 November 2004
Hi i was working in a 3d movie in Peru, and now i'm free, my job in the movie has finished, and now i have some time to make other works =), i worked in modelling, animation, ilumination and some of texture, i make a lot of all.

Now i dont have new material to show because, i've been working 12 hours to day, but if u want u can see the teaser of the movie, that is a little show of the work.

Sorry for my english.

Bye

11 November 2004
Animus_X

Hey Animus_X, thanks for the interest. If you've got some free time and are willing, head over to the website (from above) and sign in. We can always use more people and everything in your list fits this project very well.
Head on over, sign up, I'll enable you, and then you can see the script, some concept art, and a few of the people involved in the project.

Thanks for the interest,
KCDragon

11 November 2004
Hey guys,

I'm interested in helping you out on your project. I'm a senior animator with plenty of production experience. Could you use another animator? Let me know.

11 November 2004
Thumbs up

sickofpop, we can use more of everything on the project! Head on over to the website and check it out. I'll enable your account so you can see around and then you can get thrown in the mix.
Thanks for the interest, see you on the other side,
KCDragon

Thread Closed share thread