Guns 'n' posers a short animation

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2004
excellent YC2001

i am using differnet structures to apply different smoothing too, this is helping on two fields, one is that the objects are smoothed or not as necessary, the other is it will make the morphing of the characters more easy in the animation

they morph when injected by the drone

more WIP from me too

alot of work to do on the hand, then its onto the head

06 June 2004
Well enjoy yet again

here is the update on the character legs 80% done need to add the fan things at the boots and make the boots not so smooth C&C will be nice. and by the way jayreef can u give me the number of people working on this animators modelers and stuff like that, thx

sorry for bad pics

until next time which will be soon Rock n Roll Velvet Revolver

06 June 2004
here is a little better pic oh well i have to get modeling

06 June 2004
really impressive work YC2001, no crit what so ever.

except, how on earth do you get such bad pics lol..

would love to see some more detailed ones

list of current active people

modellers characters

jayreef

YC2001

modellers scene

Teyon

animators/storyboards/post production and anything else

Jayreef

anyone that wants too

06 June 2004
YC2001

one crit, his stomach area is slighty too tall, and on the front view, his chest area at the bottom where it meets the stomach needs to be wider

overall though, stunning work, and mega quick too

thanks

06 June 2004
If you need any help for the music... Contact me in the meantime!
Look like a great project.

06 June 2004
Talking I'm just getting started

thkx for the crit on stomch area i'll fix that but here is a posed pic of him i just couldn't finish everything so i just posed him real quick i'm still planing on adding a whole sh^$ load of details the hands are temp and the arms need to be robotic like, i couldn't really do anything today cuz i had work but towmmrow i have a day off wwooohoooooo modeling time, before i go on blabing off here is the posed pic. and also jayreef post some wip pics. Jayreef how good are you at texturing and animating cuz i suck at both.

Give me a hug

06 June 2004
Hello

well in genral i think this is going great hopefully we get more people to helps with this and can u lay out the basic scrip of this animation i know there is one on the 2 page but are we going to model props, cities, landscaps and so on well any ways i think this is a good idea and i hope we keep up the work and i hope this dosen't get thrown away as a unfinished project.

i'm modeling better and better ever day hopefully i will learn to texture good and animate as wel i'm rusty on those.

Rock on Guns' n' Posers woooohhhhoooo its midnight have to go slep sleepp by mommy good night

06 June 2004
great work there YC2001

Elfling bard, music would be great, thanks for offer, and will willingly take you up on that one

as an idea for another version of the film, the music could almost tell the story like the old black and white movies, and will certainly be used with the talking version. As for what its going to be like

here is the script

Guns 'n' Posers animation word doc

YC2001, texturing, am learning that at the moment from [b]Softditortion, see the shirow project thread for his stuff, its really cool

animation, i used to do a lot of it, and can get back into it quickly when the modelling is done, i can not modell and animate at the same time, the focus gets lost

keep up the good work , and your next model will be Donald, that way you can integrate the unmorphed character and morphed character, and consistancy will be kept for the model, and i love your enthusiasm, what app are you modelling with btw

06 June 2004
If you still need some help on modelling, I mailed you jayreef. I'd love to take part in this project.

06 June 2004
welcome Elad, wanna give Clarence ago, hes the first ref on page 1

06 June 2004
Just a heads up here. I turned to ...gasp...BRYCE for a jump start on terrain, just so I could get some ideas flowing for myself. After a day of it though (and a day messing with curves in Rhino), I decided to scrap that idea. I'm gonna go to the drawing board, sketch out a few landscape possibilities, and fire them back at you Jay. I'll be posting them here later today...uhm, I guess I should say later this evening now, huh? When one gets approved, I'll start work on the models as best I can. One things for sure though, it's new territiory for me. I've only modeled landscapes once in Rhino, before that I was a Bryce guy. Wish me luck.

Edit:

Oh, by the way, I'm teaching myself rigging in XSI EXP. Hoping to do a short of my own, so this will help me prepare for that.

Last edited by Teyon : 06 June 2004 at 09:15 PM.

06 June 2004
thats the great things about these projects, they expand us all

good luck Teyon

currently i am starting from scratch with my characters hand

not happy with it, but with new modellers coming forward, I can drop a gear and make sure i am happy with it

this any help

its newzealand, bit less greenery, a hill to to look over at a battlefield with human ruins in the farscape

Last edited by jayreef : 06 June 2004 at 09:45 PM.

06 June 2004
woohooo

this model is coming along great and Jay i'm using 3Ds max 5.1 rendering is defualt scanline render but here is an up date of the model i think i'll need one more day or possibly by tonight to finish him including the wings on back that i haven't started... sorry well anyways here is the update.

ps which one is donald

Update:

06 June 2004
donald is the character you are working on, well its donald after he has been morphed into a battle version, if you go to the refs on page one of the thread, his start character is number 2 shown on the thread, if you study all five shots there you will see whats going on

great work, and remember there is no rush, and this project will only stop when its done

Thread Closed share thread