Evolution - Teyon's Concepts.

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2004
I didn't get to draw anything last night, got home and was so pooped I just went to sleep. I'm up now though and ready to start the orthos and add a few more concepts for you all too. So, would you want just regular orthos or should I create orhtos of the poses they are in?

04 April 2004
I decided to make the scales on his skirt thingie more prominent so it would show up when milled but if you want to leave them out, that's okay. Also, if you want to change the buttons to buckles, that's fine too.

I'll be back with a front shot in a bit and some detailing of the mace.

04 April 2004
Just an idea for an alien head. You can make a bust out of it.

04 April 2004

04 April 2004
woah...those are big. Should I like...link out to them?

04 April 2004

04 April 2004
like the lizard style one, but would the tail and top spikes snap when produced?

04 April 2004
Thanks. The tail probably won't depending on it's thickness and if we have it attached to some kind of base...I couldn't think of a pose for this guy so that would be left up to the modeler and it would be easy to place a rock face or something against the tail to keep it from breaking. But maybe I'm wrong?

The spikes on his head may snap though...optional pieces then. A spikeless lizard dude is fine with me too.

04 April 2004
a menacing, almost attack/ambush pose springs to my mind, or poised on a rock, crouched looking down from the rock ready to spring/ambush from above

bit like a mantle piece ornament looking down to the floor

with the tail curled round the exterior of the rock, so to keep it as a cast mould would work

04 April 2004
Cool idea! Thanks! I'll have a go at a drawing of it.

Say, just a bit OT but I like what you guys are doing for the Shirow Porject. neat stuff. Especially liked that dude in the hat...his hair in particular. I always have trouble modeling hair. Anyway, thanks bunches. Be back with orthos of Earl and hopefully an ortho of the alien guy from earlier also.

04 April 2004
thanks, appreciated

i Like this concept we are talking about tonight, it would make a great ornament

04 April 2004
I agree. I would love that on my desk. I can't wait to get finished with Earl so I can draw a mock-up of what that description you gave would look like. Very very cool idea.

04 April 2004
I'd like to try

Teyon, could you please post orthos of the Black Mage? I'd like to try modeling it.
Thanks.

04 April 2004
Quote: Originally posted by jayreef
like the lizard style one, but would the tail and top spikes snap when produced?

At Full size, the spikes and Tail would print fine.

And the Tail would also help the creature stand on it own.

04 April 2004
3dArtToPart - Thanks. Good to know!

turumdarak - I'll get on it. Do you want the orthos pre-posed or just standard like the Lizard dude?

hmmm...one of his hands has an extra finger...that's not supposed to be there....crap.

Last edited by Teyon : 04 April 2004 at 10:40 AM.

Thread Closed share thread