|04 April 2013|
Programmer looking for artist to complete a Shmup game
Ennoble Studios is a perspective indie game making team dedicated to bringing you fun, high-octane gameplay games in image of old school games developed with latest technology. Ennoble Studios is a firm believer in PC platform, but also in values of gameplay and game design that brought us here as gamers. Ennoble is also a believer in real artistry of gaming as a medium. Through vision in quality of work instead of bare sufficiency, through depth, insight and worth of your time Ennoble will in the future bring you games to best of their technical abilities.
A few months ago I started creating a game in Unity engine, a vertical scrolling shoot-em-up (aka shmup) of euro style that we rarely see these days. Being a lone developer, I started a relatively small project that would be fun, manageable and completable. Some of the influences are: Aero Fighters, Giga Wing, Espgaluda, R-Type Delta, Raiden, more recent Jamestown and mostly DoDonPachi and Ikaruga. Target platforms would be Windows, Mac & Linux.
The goal is to create a game which will be really fun to play, challenging, but at the same time in a modern package that is sure to impress with art style. Games like this aren't seen often these days, and this game is going to be no-nonsense, no-gimmicks, full-blown visual & audio art coupled with fast-paced gameplay.
Here is how the game looks so far:
EnnobleStudios - YouTube
Psichodelya Windows, Mac, Linux game - Indie DB
The above is the concept art that will be used to create one of the in game bosses. What I would require is for an artist to create a 3D model based on that concept. Made by our artist David Kopnicky.
What I'm looking for:
• 3D artist for a few enemy ship models - described below.
• 2D artist for scrolling backgrounds. If nice 3D backgrounds could be made, that would work too.
The base coding is mostly done. That means:
• Game mechanics for 1 or 2 players
• Controls for two independent players on KB or Gamepad.
• Main menu functions. Options screen, ship choosing, scoreboard etc.
• HUD design and logic.
• Player and enemy states and logic.
• Saving data to disk and of options.
• Also the site is completed, designed and coded 100% by me
• 7 levels are designed, and all that remains is a bit of balancing / polishing of the design.
• I have created a couple of models myself, and I feel they aren't too bad. However, I would need help with creating more models, texturing existing ones and adding poly / reworking them if possible. The models are extremely simple, as you can see in the videos the perspective does not require very detailed models. To be exact, I'd need at very least 5 more small ship textured models and 7 bigger models that would be used for unique bosses.
• Create backgrounds. The game is made so far not to require any special interaction of player with the background, so a simple long 2D texture will do; however, if you're better at 3D and have a lot of time that would work too. I have 7 levels, each ~5 mins long, and I was hoping not to have to resort to one simple repeatable texture (of course, some parts will be repeatable).
The above is what I need help with. If there is any doubt about the style, storyline or similar take a look at these two games:
Ikaruga - this is what I'd like to have:
Ikaruga - No Continues - Part 1 - YouTube
DoDonpachi for a more "military" style, watch the bosses:
Dodonpachi Playthrough - YouTube
If you're interested how it plays, I can send you a playable demo level.
Expecting your PMs, emails at pcbastion at gmail dot com, or add on skype gru.ennoble
Last edited by gru-ennoble : 04 April 2013 at 11:24 AM.
|01 January 2014|
Urgent! Looking for Environment 3D artist - as listed above.
After many fluctuations of the above position, we are still looking for a reliable and quality 3D artist.
The payment model is profit-share. The chosen artist will get a fixed percentage of profit awarded on the completion of our crowdfunding campaign, and on the project completion. The project state is very near complete. What's holding us back, is the lack of backgrounds.
We are primarily interested in a reliable person with at least some experience with working in a team. You will be given simple, clear instructions on how the creation process works, and a high degree of creative freedom regarding what exactly you will be making.
For more info on what you'd be needed to make, please look above.
There are 4 level backgrounds to be completed. You should be able to complete each one in a short amount of time, which should be about 3 weeks per map.
The new person is required As Soon As Possible. Please email me directly at pcbastion at gmail.com noting your previous experience.
|reply share thread|