Shirow Fan Clip- Mission#2 recruitment

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2003
MrCup- WOW...That 's an impressive collection, I think that bookself is buckling under the weight...:-)
...Mega Shirow fan and 3D modeller!! Welcome to shirowproject.

We are using the .fbx plugin, I think that is what you mean by filmbox?

You obviously have more than enough reference material so feel free to drop a model on us when you have time.

If you have more time we could still use some more scans of vehicles...

Thanks. Look forward to having you with us on our missions!

PS:We are also interested in getting some insight from your experience with conversions and the possibility of us using our output here in an Shirowish conversion sometime down the road.

Last edited by softdistortion : 12 December 2003 at 01:58 PM.

12 December 2003
ok ... I can do some vehicles (or robots)

But you have to send me more refs. of the wehicles becuase I dont have any of the shirow books and have to take a better look on the design and style.

12 December 2003
MrCup: Im going to drive to Melbourne and pinch your books all the way from Adelaide.

Finally another Aussie. I saw your jk2 head that your modelling, nice work.

We should call you king reference.

12 December 2003
Need another modeller

TEAM- Just got an email from Xinozor. He has dropped out on the SWAT CopBot model. So as it stands we now need another person to take that one on. Kyvaldo or Mrcup wanna take it???

Here's the list as it stands now.

Elements accepted> person doing the element
--------------------------------------------------------------
-Eswat Human> Tessalated
-Giant Mech> Dodo3d
-Gunges >Smoke
-Extras>Spirit
-Briareos > softdistortion
-CopBot>Open to anyone

We also could use more fx people >smoke/ dust/ fire..... I'd like to keep refining our FX archive, Maybe having FX preset files and also rendered fx with alphas that we can modify and reuse.

We also need a good animation of the spinning machinegun fire for the copbots also the shells discharge fx.

12 December 2003
kyvadlo- there are some vehicles included in the panels we have already posted here. I already did the truck model from the one panel.

Here is one with 3 angles I found for you.

12 December 2003
Thought I'd do a quick a rough of the copbot....maybe inspire someone else to pitch in.... I'll try more tonite or if i get time tomorrow. Anyone wanna help on this one?

12 December 2003
Yeah I like to have a crack at the cop bot.
If the deadline comes down on Jk2 I may have to evaporate though. :(

12 December 2003
ok, great...and ...evaporate......waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

12 December 2003
Quote: We also need a good animation of the spinning machinegun fire for the copbots also the shells discharge fx.

I can probably do that, along with the sounds. I've animated something similar.

This HERE

Terribly old model (we're talking more than 2 years) so please don't blame me for it

12 December 2003
as it is from 2 years old it's good ,I like it ...
Can we see some animation for it?

12 December 2003
Well I couldn't find the issue of book 4 I'm missing, but I do have the other issues and I found great references in Book 5 (in Super Manga Blast).
I didn't get to start modeling until today, here's what I have so far

Please let me know if the image doesn't show up, I can never tell with Imagestation

Last edited by smoke : 12 December 2003 at 07:57 PM.

12 December 2003
i'll pitch in and model something . . . did someone already take the copbot? if not i could try my hand at that or maybe just do some scenery or cars?

12 December 2003
smoke Keep it up....Looks super!

What is book 5? Never knew that was out yet.

Lets see some scans!

godeus Thanks for your interest. Right now Mrcup has spoken for the copbot model but If you like, go ahead and give it a try anyway. We already lost one guy on this model, and MrCup sounds like he may get swamped too. sooo..... We may have to do bits and pieces from diff people...maybe Mrcup can tell us what part he is starting on, and you could start on another part...legs maybe?

Otherwise maybe Tessalated can let you know what is needed for the mission#1 animation over HERE

TEAM I may have PRT 1-4 of APPLESEED book one up for grabs along with the rendernode subs...so if you have any proposals on how to use these to help the project...post your ideas and I'll giv em some thought.

12 December 2003
cool, i'm actually busy with another project that I hope to get done in the next little while. but i'll give the copbot a go when jan rolls around, unless something else pops up that needs doing.

12 December 2003
With the parts 1-4 of book one and the mags... I have an idea..

MEMEMEMEME ....

Only kidding.... NOT!

Maybe a points based system depending on the amount of (usable) models, animations, sounds, reference uploaded to the ftp space????

Last edited by UberMaximus : 12 December 2003 at 02:29 AM.

Thread Closed share thread