Story & vfx heavy youtube shorts

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2012   #1
Story & vfx heavy youtube shorts

I've been directing content for a youtube channel for some time now, you can see our work here:

http://www.youtube.com/ephisus

It's mostly been just me doing vfx and generating assets as well as the on set work, which is a lot, given that I'm still a novice at a lot of the many skills required to produce narrative shorts from soup to nuts, but we're just starting to get enough local traction things are starting to come out of my hands and into delegated ones that are more specialized.

Anyway, most of these projects get shot and turned around in about a month, so high turn around and economy of effort is a major focus for us, and we like forming long term relationships with the various hats to facilitate a lean process for getting this stuff out and getting exposure, rather than having work rot for years in a project that is completely out of scope.

Anyway, if anyone would be interested in what we're trying to do and/or contributing to our shorts, I'd love to hear from you.

Old 10 October 2012   #2
Hello,

I`m Alex ,I`m a VFX Generalist and I`d love to help you with your short films as I am a Star Wars fan myself.Here you can check some of my work http://portfolios.ro/dexter .

Old 10 October 2012   #3
Some real nice work on your channel, it seems like there is a strong growing demand for higher quality content on youtube with constant uploads. Are you primarily using after effects? I would be glad to help out here and there.

Old 10 October 2012   #4
After Effects for single pass and simple compositing and nuke for advanced stuff

Old 10 October 2012   #5
We're using a lot of after effects and c4d, blender here and there.

Old 10 October 2012   #6
I`m using maya for 3d,but it can integrate easly with c4d ,i don`t know about blender

Old 10 October 2012   #7
I will glady help out if I have some free time, I am quite familiar with after effects though for 3d I prefer Maya but know Max as well.

Old 10 October 2012   #8
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread