Old 08-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #1
Nixellion
PRO

portfolio
Michael Davydov
Moscow, RU

Ancestors CG Short

Hi everyone!

I'm currently working on a diploma project, a CG Short with a production name "Ancestors".

The final goal is to create a 3D cinematic, 3-4 minutes long, with a high, competitive CG quiality. So, that work on this project may be a good part of a portfolio for everyone, who took part in it.

It is a sci-fi movie, inspired by such great universes as Mass Effect, Stargate, Halo, Battlestar Galactica, EVE Online, and some others.

Work is already in progress, but currently we need concept artists and modellers for this project.

At the moment we need someone to work on characters.

There are 3 main characters with almost identical sci-fi suits. Only one of them, a girl, puts her helmet off during the movie, so, in fact, we need 1 design, 1 face, and 2 versions of a suit - male and female.

There is a lot of other work, so, if anyone is interested - you are welcome!

Project blog - there are some references and sketches available.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:27 AM   #2
JamesNZ
Frequenter
portfolio
James W
Wellington, New Zealand

I'm interested in doing lighting, if you got a place for that You can view some of my previous work here: vimeo.com/jamesnz.

- Jesus

Old 09-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #3
Nixellion
PRO

portfolio
Michael Davydov
Moscow, RU

As I can see, you work in Blender, but our lighting and rendering will be done in 3ds max. And, no offence, but I can't see anything about good lighting on your channel, just some basic lights, and light matching with BG.

But thanks for your attention to this project.

UPD:

Currently we need:

- ancient-alien ship design/modelling (a race similar to Orai or Ancients from Stargate by their nature).
- music compositors
- concept artists for almost everything - env\chars\ships\props. We have some, but it is not enough.

Thanks to all

Old 09-13-2012, 12:04 AM   #4
JamesNZ
Frequenter
portfolio
James W
Wellington, New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixellion
As I can see, you work in Blender, but our lighting and rendering will be done in 3ds max. And, no offence, but I can't see anything about good lighting on your channel, just some basic lights, and light matching with BG.

That's ok. Thanks for looking at it

- Jesus

Old 09-18-2012, 04:51 AM   #5
Tamagoo
Frequenter
portfolio
Nerijus
Reseda, United States Minor Outlying Islands

Looking good guys, the galaxy and planet are kick ass. Pilot concept is holding a lot of potential. Keep at it, I would love to see your cinematic complete.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:35 PM   #6
Nixellion
PRO

portfolio
Michael Davydov
Moscow, RU

We are still looking for concept artists

Old 10-17-2012, 02:03 PM   #7
vinmuz
Veteran

portfolio
Vincent Govindin
Lyon, France

Hello,

Quote:
Currently we need:

- ancient-alien ship design/modelling (a race similar to Orai or Ancients from Stargate by their nature).
- music compositors
- concept artists for almost everything - env\chars\ships\props. We have some, but it is not enough.

If you're still looking at a music composer, I can offer my services :

Examples of my works (overview) :

Irish-Orchestral
Trad-Japanese
Jazz-tango
Stargate-Tribute

Furthermore, I'm one of the co-founder of a audio post production company Audioplum studio, so I could also provide all audio services (Mix/Master/Dubbing/sound-design...) through a partnership.

Thanks, and whatever you decide to do... I wish you the best

Old 10-21-2012, 11:54 PM   #8
Nixellion
PRO

portfolio
Michael Davydov
Moscow, RU

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinmuz
Hello,

If you're still looking at a music composer, I can offer my services :

Examples of my works (overview) :

Irish-Orchestral
Trad-Japanese
Jazz-tango
Stargate-Tribute

Furthermore, I'm one of the co-founder of a audio post production company Audioplum studio, so I could also provide all audio services (Mix/Master/Dubbing/sound-design...) through a partnership.

Thanks, and whatever you decide to do... I wish you the best

Thanks for your attention! I'll keep your offer in mind, though we have some other candidates.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:47 AM   #9
vinmuz
Veteran

portfolio
Vincent Govindin
Lyon, France

It's up to you...

Old 10-31-2012, 11:15 PM   #10
chien
artist in the making

portfolio
Chien Yih Tham
Student
The One Academy, Lifeway College
Subang Jaya, Malaysia

hi do you accept help from fresh graduates in animation? I can give you link to some of my works if you want gallery.

i read that you will use alot of blender to do this, hm I'm not pro at it but I i remember i used it for modeling only, still learning it.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:00 AM   #11
Nixellion
PRO

portfolio
Michael Davydov
Moscow, RU

Quote:
Originally Posted by chien
hi do you accept help from fresh graduates in animation? I can give you link to some of my works if you want gallery.

i read that you will use alot of blender to do this, hm I'm not pro at it but I i remember i used it for modeling only, still learning it.

What, blender? Why blender, I never wrote about blender.

I'm going to use 3ds max, softimage and, maybe, houdini for this work. Some of my team are using Maya. I never told anything about blender )

Old 11-01-2012, 01:17 PM   #12
chien
artist in the making

portfolio
Chien Yih Tham
Student
The One Academy, Lifeway College
Subang Jaya, Malaysia

oops my mistake, yah, I'm more familiar with maya, and still new to max, hm maybe I can contribute to model because recently I was doing alot of modeling test, but if you do need concept art let me know if I can qualify to help

Old 11-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #13
Nixellion
PRO

portfolio
Michael Davydov
Moscow, RU

UPD

Currently we still need:

- Starship modeller(s)

- Character modeller

- SoundDesigners

- Voice actors for radio chatter (random voices from 18 years old + 2 mature male voices for fleets' commanders). English language, USA\GB prefered for commanders, but radio chatter may have any kind of accent. You can even just send your recordins on nixesvfx@gmail.com, with your name for the final titles. We need some "calm" voices in the beginning of battle (like "This is wing 2, check", "Alpha wing align on (numbers) full speed, over" etc). And some battle ones (like "I'm hit, AA!" "Move away from that battleship, it is gonna blow, over!" "On your six, over!" "Taking heavy damage, over!" etc)

And some special ones. Imagine that in the middle of a battle a huuuge alien ship warps in, which no on ever seen before. Like "What the hell it that thing!?" "Oh my god!" "What the frak!?" etc.

You may use any kind of microphone, and recording software, I can recommend Audacity - free and light program. Any kind of quality will fit, since that is a radio chatter

Last edited by Nixellion : 11-05-2012 at 11:02 AM.

Old 11-10-2012, 12:44 AM   #14
musashidan
Bar Stool Enthusiast

portfolio
Daniel McGrath
Dublin, Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixellion
UPD
"This is wing 2, check", "Alpha wing align on (numbers) full speed, over" etc). And some battle ones (like "I'm hit, AA!" "Move away from that battleship, it is gonna blow, over!" "On your six, over!" "Taking heavy damage, over!" etc)

And some special ones. Imagine that in the middle of a battle a huuuge alien ship warps in, which no on ever seen before. Like "What the hell it that thing!?" "Oh my god!" "What the frak!?" etc.

sounds like you're in dire need of a scriptwriter also....

Old 11-10-2012, 01:04 AM   #15
Nixellion
PRO

portfolio
Michael Davydov
Moscow, RU

Why do you think so?

Thread Closed share thread