The Automat - Short CG Animation

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2012
Hi Madcan.
Been trying to contact you.
Check your Private Messages when you get a sec.

02 February 2012
Hey everyone,

Been away for a few weeks so sorry couldn't get back to you sooner. And: Yeah we still need lots of help in this project. Especially in modeling right now. So thanks and I'll also PM everyone who contacted here now.

Alican

03 March 2012
Lightbulb

Hi,

I don't know if you're looking for this kind of skills...

But I'm an orchestral music composer... and may be i could help?
I believe orchestral music could suit to your project.

You can visit my porfolio, in order to see what i can produce...

03 March 2012
Hi Vinmuz,

Thank you for your interest! You have a really great portfolio. But unfortunately we have a composer right now but it's not an absolute certainty with him and there's still time till we start on music work so if anything changes I'll surely contact you and hope you'll be available then.

Cheers!

03 March 2012
Thumbs up

Ok,

I'll follow your project via the WIP/forum and i'm going to give you (mp) my e-mail...
You can, if you want, inform me of the evolution...
It could be really interesting for me.(curiosity)

Thanks for replying.

03 March 2012
That would be awesome, thank you too!

03 March 2012
For anyone wondering, I just updated the first post for our immediate needs. It may (and probably will) change over time but right now our immediate needs are for people to do:

- Modeling
- Simulation

And for later:
- Sound Design / Sound Mixing

03 March 2012
I've sent to you(mp) my e-mail.

For information : i work in collaboration with a professional sound-designer (actually,a friend of mine)
And we are both, with 3 others "audio-guys", achieving to create our audio post-production studio...

Have a look :
www.audioplumstudio.com

You could have access to our skills...

Last edited by vinmuz : 03 March 2012 at 05:34 PM.

03 March 2012
Hey Alican, are you still in need of modelers?

Project looks really interesting...

03 March 2012
Hey Musashidan,

Yeah we're still in need of modelers and from what I've seen in your portfolio, we could definitely use your help. If you can send me your email, I can mail you more info and the rest of the concepts.

03 March 2012
Originally Posted by madcan: Hey Musashidan,

Yeah we're still in need of modelers and from what I've seen in your portfolio, we could definitely use your help. If you can send me your email, I can mail you more info and the rest of the concepts.

Hey Alican. Emailed you.

Last edited by musashidan : 03 March 2012 at 03:20 PM.

03 March 2012
Hey Alican
i'm really interested in the project. amazing concept art you have out there

are you still looking for character modelers?
here is my demo reel: http://vimeo.com/33698111

cheers
Aziz

03 March 2012
Hey Aziz,

Yeah we actually need another character modeler but not to sculpt new characters but to do retopology for the ones being already built. If you are okay with that, we would love to have you in our team. Or there are still more props to model if you are interested. Just send me an email at aserbest@gmail.com if you're interested.

Cheers,
Alican

03 March 2012
Hi Everyone,
My name is Scott and I have been contributing to this project for the past few months as a prop modeler. We're going to be posting work-in-progress here on a semi-regular basis and I wanted to jump in and post what I have been working on. This is just a small part of all the work this incredibly productive team has been doing. Enjoy!

Pre-Viz Models
A big part of what we have been doing the past two months has been preparing a pre-visualization that we have been using to refine the story and block out the sets so we know where models will be in frame and how detailed they will need to be. This process has already been amazingly helpful in defining our short film.

I like to think of these models as 3D white-board sketches -- I spent 5-20 min on each model, which enabled me to finish 2-3 every day on the train to work. It helped that there are no UVs, no textures and absolutely no concern to good topology (as long as I could export it from Blender and it worked for Alican then it was golden).

Pipeline Tests
As part of the initial production phase of the project we wanted to clearly define the specs and pipeline so that a global set of individual artists, all with different modelling apps and workflows, can work together as seamlessly as possible. So, as part of the team has been working on the pre-viz, blocking out the action and story, I have been working on a few assets with the goal of making them as close as possible to final production-ready as possible. We're still considering whether this will be final art or not, but the work has been invaluable in driving us toward a conclusion on what our specs will ultimately be so that we do not need to go back and rework models at a later stage.

First are a couple of props from the concepts in Alican's original post:

And, lastly, here is a work-in-progress of a pigeon that is intended to be used as a background element -- we will be using it to define the rigging and animation pipelines:

Look for more stuff from other team members soon!

Thanks,
Scott
~~~

03 March 2012
Hey everyone,

Here are some more images of the models being built by different (but equally amazing) people. They are mostly Work In Progresses but still, might give you an idea and hope you'll like them.

I also updated the original post once again with the roles we need right now.

Thread Closed share thread