portfolio
Alican Serbest
Animator
Babun Film
Istanbul, Turkey

Send a message via MSN to madcan
The Automat - Short CG Animation

Hi everyone,

I'm Alican Serbest. I've been directing short films since 1999 with a group I founded called Babun Film. You can see some of our work at www.babun.org. I also worked as a professional compositing artist between 2006-2011 and worked on a lot of commercials and feature films. For the last 1.5 years I've been working as a character animator while also being an animation student in Animation Mentor from which I graduated last December.

For the last few years, I had this short animation project waiting on side called The Automat, which is about a lonely guy in a not too distant future where our planet is invaded by a giant alien species who took our water sources. Even though they are not aggressive, their sizes and their search for liquid resulted in great devastation and our civilization crumbled. In that future, our lonely and nameless hero strikes a one-sided friendship with a woman in a picture on a vending machine. And when that automat is taken by aliens for the liquid inside, he goes after it.

We started this project recently. Concept arts are finished and for production part, we got some very talented people in our crew who are already working on it. Ensar Yanar and Kaan Kucuk are doing character models (EDIT: Unfortunately Ensar Yanar became unavailable after our project started so we need a very experienced character modeler for our main character). Alper Aksit , who is also currently working in Double Negative as an animator, is our animation supervisor. Pavel Cucka will be leading our matte painters. There are also other modelers responsible for different aspects of our project.

But we are still in need of more talent. We'll be using Maya for animation and rendering. So if you think you are good at one of the roles we list below, please feel free to contact me at aserbest@gmail.com and send me your reel or samples from your previous work. I'll be able to give extra details about the project like extra concept art and script once you are in the team.

It's a non-profit movie with no budget except what I have for my salary as an animator. So I can't promise any payment. But anyone participating in the project will get credit. And of course you'll be free to use any material you worked on, anywhere you like. All of us aim for this to be something we'll proudly show, so it will be a great portfolio material. Finally, I'll be opening a Kickstarter page to try and pay participants if I can. But that's definitely not a promise and it'll only be a small bonus if we got any budget through that channel.

Right now, we are mainly looking for people for these roles:
- Modeling (Especially for buildings)
- Texturing / Shading (Especially need Seniors on this)
- Simulation

This list can change in time, so I'll update it whenever we need new needs.

Cheers and thanks in advance!

Last edited by madcan : 05-10-2012 at 06:44 AM.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:39 PM   #2
softdistortion
Collaborationist

portfolio
______________ softdistortion.com collabunlimited.com
______________ CURRENTLY IN
Canada

Send a message via ICQ to softdistortion Send a message via MSN to softdistortion
looks very nice guys.
subcribed

Old 10-09-2011, 12:10 PM   #3
antone-m
mister "keep going"

portfolio
Antone Magdy
3D-Character Artist
Snappers
Cairo, Egypt

Send a message via MSN to antone-m

Are u still looking for modelers ? ..... you can check my portfolio in the signature area , and also would like to know if you want the modeler to be fully available for the short or not

Old 10-11-2011, 06:33 AM   #4
madcan
Frequenter

portfolio
Alican Serbest
Animator
Babun Film
Istanbul, Turkey

Hey thebest,

Yeah we're still looking for modelers. I'm not sure that I understand what you meant by fully available but can tell that everyone involved has full time jobs beside this project. I checked your portfolio by the way and I would want to give you some abandoned train and car models for starters if you would like. If it's okay for you, just email me at aserbest@gmail.com.

Cheers!

Old 11-26-2011, 11:09 PM   #5
madcan
Frequenter

portfolio
Alican Serbest
Animator
Babun Film
Istanbul, Turkey

Hey everyone,

I'm happy to say that our project is going along quite nice. But since most of the team is working full time jobs, it's taking time. So to move things faster, we need more modelers (especially for environment modeling) and texture artists. If you want to join, feel free to mail me at aserbest@gmail.com and we can always find some things to do for you

Cheers!

Old 12-13-2011, 09:18 PM   #6
dilen
Technical Director

portfolio
Dilen Shah
Character TD
Montpellier, France

hey,

Are you looking for Riggers? please let me knw I am one.

Thanx.

D.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:53 AM   #7
madcan
Frequenter

portfolio
Alican Serbest
Animator
Babun Film
Istanbul, Turkey

Hey Dilen,

Yeah we still need a rigger so I just sent answered your email.

Thanks!
Alican

Old 12-16-2011, 02:07 PM   #8
JaredTaylor
Technical Artist

portfolio
Jared Taylor
Wellington, New%2BZealand

Hey mate,

I'm a Character TD / Rigger and would be interested in collaborating full-time over the Christmas holidays-- and possibly for longer part-time once I'm working.

You can see my reel here: www.jaredtaylor3d.com / http://vimeo.com/33760121

Cheers

Old 12-16-2011, 02:31 PM   #9
madcan
Frequenter

portfolio
Alican Serbest
Animator
Babun Film
Istanbul, Turkey

Hey Jared,

Thank you so much for your interest. I loved your reel and will be sending you some details on mail in a few moments.

Cheers!

Old 01-09-2012, 04:24 AM   #10
desaidmehul
portfolio
Mehul Desai
3D Artist
Stargate Studios
San Francisco, United States

lighters and compositors

Hey
Are you looking for lighter & compositor? Also which softwares are you guys planning to use?

Thanks
Mehul

Old 01-09-2012, 08:29 PM   #11
madcan
Frequenter

portfolio
Alican Serbest
Animator
Babun Film
Istanbul, Turkey

Hey Mehul,

Thanks for asking! We are using Maya and right now it looks like we'll be rendering with V-Ray but we're still making some tests. Unfortunately we have enough Compositors right now. I would like to get back to you if we need some extra hand on Lighting tho, if that's okay with you.

Thanks again!
Alican

Old 01-10-2012, 10:35 PM   #12
desaidmehul
portfolio
Mehul Desai
3D Artist
Stargate Studios
San Francisco, United States

Lighting

Hey,

Sure if I could help in the lighting department too. I also know Vue, so if you guys need any help with matte paintings too!

Cheers
Mehul

Old 01-13-2012, 10:53 AM   #13
brueghel
PRO
portfolio
Simon Hildwein
Germany

Hey,

Those environments are great. Do you still need any help? I'm a maya generalist and you can check my portfolio here and here for traditional drawing. I could imagine helping you with almost everything, (except ZBrush, I dont have it ). I have a strong background in Illustration. I like especially enviroment modeling, Matte Painting / 3d Matte Painting. But I also like animation.

Another Idea: I could do a title sequence....

Simon

Old 01-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #14
Zet
Veteran

portfolio
Izat Abdraimov
cg artist
Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan

One more volunteer

I can help with modeling or texturing for this short. Send me info about what I should do.
Best regards,
Izat.

Last edited by Zet : 01-14-2012 at 02:03 PM.

Old 01-19-2012, 07:58 AM   #15
dreamWeaver89
Kayli Edwards
portfolio
Kayli Edwards
3D Character Animator
Beaverton, USA

Animator

Hello! The concept is really well done, and I can really see this being an awesome piece when it's done. I noticed that there wasn't much said on needing animators for this, but if you are ever of in need of one, please let me know if and how I can help out on this.

Awesome work!
-Kayli

Thread Closed share thread