The Bible - Genesis

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2005
Short film 'The Bible - Genesis'

Genesis - chapters 1, 2 and 3

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone here would be interested in helping me get the first three chapters of Genesis (the first book of the Bible [creation event]) into a cg short film.

REASON

I want the film to be as accurate to the Biblical accounts as possible without any exaggeration.

I have found many people trying to do animated shorts from the Bible, but they never research enough or interpret verses in the light of the context, time and seriousness of the author.
For example Noah's Ark. I have noticed Noah's ark being potrayed like this
http://www.stevequayle.com/News.ale...s/Noahs.ark.jpg
Or
http://tinpan.fortunecity.com/vibe/...hs-ark-zoom.jpg

When actually the main purpose of the ark was only to float. Hence Noah's ark according to Biblical accounts was rather like a rectangular box without having the 'v ends' that boats have with the purpose of direction.

Artists

I know you guys here are just great. So for all the ones who are free and willing to contribute to this project: I would need story board artists, animators, modelers and texture artists.

Director

I will be directing this project and all the work done will be assessed by me.

Results

The results we achieve must be very near to realistic. I know it may be a lot to ask for, but we would all have to work to our best

What's there in this for you

Well, first of all, everyone who puts something into the project will have their names in the credits. Secondly if you have just finished graduation or have some free time, you could use this as a means to build up your portfolio or demo reel.
Lastly, if WE do succeed in completing the film and manage to sell it (if at all), I will try my best that everyone gets something of the income which we can discuss later.

IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED OR HAS ANY OTHER QUESTIONS, PLEASE REPLY TO THIS THREAD OR SEND ME AN EMAIL AT carlsden@hotmail.com

Last edited by carlsden : 12 December 2005 at 06:25 PM.

12 December 2005
I would be very interested in helping towards this project and I also would want it to be very biblical. I can do whatever is needed for this project. Just let me know what I need to do to get started.

12 December 2005
Quote: I would be very interested in helping towards this project and I also would want it to be very biblical. I can do whatever is needed for this project. Just let me know what I need to do to get started.

paulmcg1 thanks for the reply. Firstly i must know what field you are into i.e. modeling, animation, dynamics, etc...

This is because we would have to go about this project in an orderly manner if it is to succeed. Hence I want specific people to do specific work.

Please do reply telling me what interests you i.e. modeling, animation, dynamics, storyboarding.....

12 December 2005
Dynamics defintelly and special effects and what not.

12 December 2005
However, also I can do all other fields except animation, I am not even decent at it. But seeing as you will need one person per field, or you want one person concentrating on one thing, dynamics/ special effect type stuff is really what I would want to do.

Paul Mcgrade

12 December 2005
Hi paul,

Thanks for the reply. So your good at dynamics. Good to hear that as we would very certainly need a few guys who are pretty decent at it.
We would need a particle system for the opening first verse to create the sky.Have you got any renders of any of your work for me to see, just to give me an idea as to what you could be capable of,

Thanks

12 December 2005
Alright, I rendered out a quick sample...I can change whatever is needed...

www.paulmcgrade.com/skysample1.mpg

Paul Mcgrade

12 December 2005
Paul Mcgrade,

i quite like that. Is it possible to take away the orange and get in some darker shades of Blue. besides that, its good.

12 December 2005
I rendered out another sample...I finished rendering this before I read your post about the blue shades in the clouds...Heres another sample, I'll fix the shades and I'll post it:

www.paulmcgrade.com/skysample2.mpg

Paul Mcgrade

12 December 2005
Actually I was thinking, I could lower the camera into the blueish part on that second sample and then leave it there as we are in the first two verses:

"(1) In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. (2) The earth was without form and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters."

The camera is moving slowly up, but once we are in the 3rd verse I could then move the camera too show the orange and the sun which would respresent the light.

"(3) Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light."

Paul Mcgrade

12 December 2005
Heres a blue sky sample:

www.paulmcgrade.com/skysample3.mpg

12 December 2005
Sorry guys, this is my humble attempt to put a storyboard together. I hope it gives you all a idea of how i want my scenes setup. i will upload more as soon as I can. I had to use my digital camera to click pictures of the hand drawn material as i dont have a scanner. I have also typed out the regions which are hard to read. hope it helps...

Carlton

Storyboard 1

Storyboard 2

12 December 2005
Paul Mcgrade,

I certainly like the enthusiasm. have a look at the storyboard and see if it helps you see how i would like to have it. The first sample you sent is very good for screen 2 and 3 of the story board, however it would have to have a longer running time.

12 December 2005
Very interesting idea! You may want to do some research on the science behind Genesis. Check: http://www.answersingenesis.org - they have scale models of Noah's ark as described in Genesis as well as http://www.icr.org for some good articles and lectures.

If I have any time I'll help out with some modeling, but right now I'm just swamped with work. I'll shoot you an email.

Paul

P.S. please - if you have nothing positive to say in this thread, don't say anything at all...

12 December 2005
Paul,
Thanks for the links. I have been to that site already. At the moment I'm not sure we will go further than Genesis chpt 3. However, if we do, then I will definately use their models of the ark as reference

Thread Closed share thread