Ninja Dojo Mel Script

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2012   #61
SideKick Channel Box crashing when reloading Ninja Dojo

I have found a nasy crash bug when after you load Side Kick.. and you reload Ninja Dojo.. when you go into vertex component mode.. it will crash Maya. This looks like a maya bug since you can go into face component and edge component without it crashing. I am looking into seeing if there is a work around. This only happens in maya 2011 and 2012. For now i suggest if you are using 2011 or 2012 not to use sidekick mode :(. I apologize for any inconvience. But i have narrowed it down to the Channel Box.. It is happening after deletion of the channelbox. If anyone has any insight on this .. it would be greatly appreciated. And if someone does help me fix this god awful bug.. i will give em a free account to Ninja Dojo Black Belt.

Old 02 February 2012   #62
Originally Posted by esper77: Love your work Brian! I've been using your scripts for the past few months and they've saved me a lot of time. Don't know if you take requests for features, but I have a couple. For mirroring geo, would it be possible to have an option for instancing, not just copying? Also, it seems like there isn't a way to copy UVs from one object across multiple objects. It would be awesome if this could this be implemented as well. I also had a question about the straighten UV edges feature. This seems to work best when there is only one UV shell for the object. That is, when I have multiple UV shells for an object and I want to straighten the edges for one shell it tries to straighten all UV shells for the object and 9 times out of 10 it doesn't give desirable results. The only workaround I have found it to detach the polys containing the shell then use the straighten feature. Is there a workaround for this so I don't have to detach the shell? Any help on these would be much appreciated. Keep up the great work!

hey esper77,
I have added support for instancing and referencing to the Mirror function. If you send me your email I can send you the update.. This will be included in the next release. It might spit out some warnings for now.. but will get them fixed later. You can email me at brian@bk3d.com

Old 02 February 2012   #63
Hey Brian,

Hope your well. Been using your scripts for the past couple of months and they are really great.

UV issue:

As mentioned above, the straighten UV options produce undesirable results when there are multiple shells on an object.

Feature requests:

1) surface slide mode for all components.
2) Ninja Retopology.
3) uv symmetry.
4) edge tools - like in Max (make circular, conform to surface curvature, etc etc...)

Keep up the great work!

Matt

Old 02 February 2012   #64
For the Spline Section, how do I, if possible, add more segments to the tube when I create it using Ninja Create Tube?

I can set the amount of segments for the roundness, but not along the length? Right now if I have a smooth CV Curve, it still gets Jagged/Low Poly and doesn't cut enough rings into the length to make it the same shape.

Thanks!

Old 02 February 2012   #65
Originally Posted by Kickflipkid687: For the Spline Section, how do I, if possible, add more segments to the tube when I create it using Ninja Create Tube?

I can set the amount of segments for the roundness, but not along the length? Right now if I have a smooth CV Curve, it still gets Jagged/Low Poly and doesn't cut enough rings into the length to make it the same shape.

Thanks!

There are U segments and V segments. V segments are the divisions along the length of the curve. If you have a smooth CV Curve it should get smoother as you increase these divisions

Old 02 February 2012   #66
Ah yeah, I just realized that :S It wasn't working before I don't think, but now it is.

What can I do though if the tube gets skewed towards one end? The circle seems to rotate at the end, so its / instead of flat..?

Thanks!

Old 02 February 2012   #67
Originally Posted by Kickflipkid687: Ah yeah, I just realized that :S It wasn't working before I don't think, but now it is.

What can I do though if the tube gets skewed towards one end? The circle seems to rotate at the end, so its / instead of flat..?

Thanks!

make sure to rebuild the spline if you have deleted any end cv's. That might be the cause of it.

Old 02 February 2012   #68
Ah ok, thanks, good to know!

Old 02 February 2012   #69
Originally Posted by Clappy71: Hey Brian,

Hope your well. Been using your scripts for the past couple of months and they are really great.

UV issue:

As mentioned above, the straighten UV options produce undesirable results when there are multiple shells on an object.

Feature requests:

1) surface slide mode for all components.
2) Ninja Retopology.
3) uv symmetry.
4) edge tools - like in Max (make circular, conform to surface curvature, etc etc...)

Keep up the great work!

Matt

Hey Matt,
I have started a Retopology tool. if you would like to test it out email me at brian@bk3d.com.
Right now its pretty simple but would like to get some feedback

Old 02 February 2012   #70
Ninja Dojo 4.4 Update

I have updated Ninja Dojo to 4.4.
You can get it on Creative Crash or on the Ninja Dojo Site
Here is a list of updates.

4.4 updates

Ninja Light
1. Fixed intensity in Bar mode

Ninja Rename
1. Fixed Select by same name if selected object did not have a number at the end.

Ninja UV
1. Changed Ninja Mapping so you can use ninja mapping in any camera view.
2. Added Mirror UV. You can mirror selected uv's either in the center of the UV selection or extents of the UV selection
3. Updated the Edge List so it doesnt store names but only the edge IDs.
4. Added Snap Point in the Snap UV Shells. you can use extents or center.
5. Added a calculate U size and V size in the Move UV section.
6. Added a interactive Symmetry Mapping. Just select the center UV and start the symmetry Mapping. When your done click on Stop Symmetry Mapping.
7. Fixed some issues with Cut Edge List.

Ninja Mesh
1. Updated the Detach to detach faces on multiple objects
2. Fixed Flipping normals when mirroring with instance
3. Added Match Selected Verts and Match Border Edge. This works like merge vertex but across multiple objects. It will keep objects seperate.
4. Duplicate along curve is now editable if you have the group selected
5. Deform along curve is now editable if you have the group selected
6. Added instance and reference to Mirror
7. Fixed some issues with create tube from spline when using line or custom

Ninja Chain Reaction
1. Added a new script that is like Actions in Photoshop. This can be found under the Window menu

Old 02 February 2012   #71
UV Mirror Question:
When modeling using the typical approach of modeling half and then mirroring, can Ninja UV mirror the UVs after the mesh has been mirrored?

Old 02 February 2012   #72
im sure i can add an option for that in the next release

Old 02 February 2012   #73
Fantastic, love the commitment to keeping this up-to-date Brian

Old 02 February 2012   #74
Originally Posted by bk3d: im sure i can add an option for that in the next release

I think that would be very useful (but tricky to implement). What does the current UV Mirror do?

Old 03 March 2012   #75
Ninja Dojo bonus tools

I have started a set of Bonus Tools for Ninja Dojo.
Since i am finding it hard to add to the current tools i have decided to make a Bonus Tools.

If you have bought Ninja Dojo (Black Belt) or Ninja Dojo (Grand Master)directly thru the Ninja Dojo Site, you can access it by using your username and password that has been given to you.

Currently it has 2 scripts.
Column Gen
Ninja Topo.

installing:
unzip the 2 mel files into the /Ninja_Dojo/Bonus/ directory
they will appear in the mel tab under the Bonus Scripts

Ninja Topo is a retoplogy tool.

http://www.bk3d.com/Ninja_Dojo/Down...jo_Download.htm

Last edited by bk3d : 03 March 2012 at 04:17 AM.

Thread Closed share thread