Ninja Dojo Mel Script

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2011   #46
Ninja Dojo Updates

I have Updated Ninja City, and Ninja Dojo On the Ninja Dojo Site
You can access them here:
http://www.bk3d.com/Ninja_Dojo/Down...jo_Download.htm

4.1 Updates
Ninja Dojo
1. changed UI load to load all at startup instead of deleting and creating UI's. This results in faster switching between Tools.
This will also keep setting when switching tools.
2. Added a load progress window
3. Added Install Icons under the help menu. And added Un-install Icons in the help menu.

Ninja UV
1. Added icons for Move
2. Added icons for Snap
3. Added icons for Align

Ninja Mesh
1. Added icons for Attach Detach Duplicate Face
2. Added icons for Mirror
3. Added icons for Adjust Pivot

Ninja City 3.0 Updates
1. Support for Y up or Z up
2. Support for linking children to modules
3. V-ray support for rendering icons and Building Preview
4. Fixed the building browser
5. Added filters to the building browser
6. Added an "all" check box to the build window.. this will display icons of all the buildings in a certain style

Installing Icons:
Under the Ninja Dojo Help Menu ---> Install Icons.
Un-Installing Icons:
Under the Ninja Dojo Help Menu ---> Un-Install Icons.

Old 01 January 2012   #47
Many thanks for the continued updates
I'll be installing them later today, once up and running I've got to show the guys at my new job, I think they could find the tools really helpful

Old 01 January 2012   #48
Ninja City 3.1 update

You can get Ninja City 3.1 on either creative crash or thru the Ninja Dojo Site

Ninja City 3.1 Updates

6. Added an "all" check box to the build window.. this will display icons of all the buildings of a certain style
7. Fixed Extrude IN and Out for Y up
8. Added support for childeren to modules
9. Added Roof creation to buildings. This requires you to create splines on the Top Modules names RoofEdge and parent them as a child to the module
10.Added ability to create New Sytles in the Build tab.
11.You can create a new project by right clicking a Style Icon in the Build Tab.
12. Fixed UI in the Module Tab to support meters or cm

Old 01 January 2012   #49
Hey Brian,

The 4.1 version is not available on creative crash? I only see the 4.0.

Thank you.

Old 01 January 2012   #50
Originally Posted by chafouin: Hey Brian,

The 4.1 version is not available on creative crash? I only see the 4.0.

Thank you.

Ok i have updated Ninja Dojo (Black Belt) and Ninja Dojo(Grand Master) to 4.1
I am currently working on some more updates and will be releasing a new version soon.

Old 01 January 2012   #51
Ninja Dojo 4.2 update

I have updated Ninja Dojo to 4.2 on both the Ninja Dojo Web Page and Creative Crash

4.2 Updates
For this update you should remove previous versions and install a clean copy. Some scripts have moved to different directories.

Ninja Asset
1. Fixed a bug with the filters in the Image Files
2. Added Render all icons in the Maya Files Section. (This will open and render the maya files)

Ninja Mesh
1. Fixed a Refresh Issue when adjusting Rot Scale and Pos in the scatter
2. Deform curve will now automatically calculate if the curve is linear or Cubic
3. Fixed Motion Path pivot in Deform Curve
4. Fixed Duplicate Curve to work with y or z up
5. Renamed Edit to Hist. Cleaned up Hist UI.
6. Added Reference Objects to the replace by last selected, Deform to Curve, Duplicate along curve, and Mesh Create Section

Ninja UV
1. Adjusted icon sizes
2. Added repeat last command to icons

Installing Icons:
More Icons have been added to the Ninja_Mesh. If you have already installed icons.. you will have to re-run the install icons.
If you are using maya 2010 or below you will have to restart maya after installing the new icons.

Ninja City 3.1 Updates

6. Added an "all" check box to the build window.. this will display icons of all the buildings in a certain style
7. Fixed Extrude IN and Out for Y up
8. Added support for childeren to modules
9. Added Roof creation to buildings. This requires you to create splines on the Top Modules names RoofEdge and parent them as a child to the module
10.Added ability to create New Sytles in the Build tab.
11.You can create a new project by right clicking a Style Icon in the Build Tab.
12. Fixed UI in the Module Tab to support meters or cm

Old 01 January 2012   #52
Thanks for keeping updating your tools Do you know if there is a way to load ninja dojo at maya start, and in a specific panel ? I want to put it on the left of the viewport.

cheers.

Old 01 January 2012   #53
Originally Posted by chafouin: Thanks for keeping updating your tools Do you know if there is a way to load ninja dojo at maya start, and in a specific panel ? I want to put it on the left of the viewport.

cheers.

yes there is a way to load at Start up.
Create a userSetup.mel file in your scripts directory and copy and paste the lines below into it

//Save this in your \Users\Document\maya\MayaVersion\scripts\userSetup .mel
// Change the source path to where the Ninja_Dojo.mel lives
// Change the Directory to where Ninja Dojo lives

source "C:/Ninja_Dojo/Ninja_Dojo.mel";
Ninja_Dojo("C:/Ninja_Dojo/");

//Different Modes:
//DockRight is default so you can comment out the next line
//DockLeft docks to the left
//Bar will create a standard window
//Dual will create the dojo with a UV editor attached -- I would not use this yet
//Full will crate the full window version of Ninja Dojo

//Build_Ninja_Dojo_UI DockLeft;//DockLeft will dock the dojo to the left,

//this will load speed box at startup
Ninja_SpeedBox;

Old 01 January 2012   #54
Thanks.

I already tried to add those lines but when you do that you get the dojo interface, but the panels won't show. I remembered I had to use a evalDeferred to load it properly, but still got some UI issues (I can't remember exactly).

Old 01 January 2012   #55
Originally Posted by chafouin: Thanks.

I already tried to add those lines but when you do that you get the dojo interface, but the panels won't show. I remembered I had to use a evalDeferred to load it properly, but still got some UI issues (I can't remember exactly).

source "C:/Ninja_Dojo/Ninja_Dojo.mel";
Ninja_Dojo("C:/Ninja_Dojo/");
Build_Ninja_Dojo_UI Bar;//DockLeft will dock the dojo to the left
Run_NinjaScripts();
Ninja_SwitchScript Ninja_Mesh;

try that.. im looking into why sometimes the UI wont build...

EDIT:

Ok i know what the problem is.. but it will take some time to fix it.. It has to do with where i am loading Run_NinjaScripts(). It's partially because of the ability to change button colors :(. I will have to come up with a solution for this.

Last edited by bk3d : 01 January 2012 at 02:50 AM.

Old 01 January 2012   #56
Ninja Dojo 4.3 update

4.3 updates
Ninja Dojo
1. added sidekick mode. This will add the Ninja Speed Box to the Main Panel. You can have the sidekick on either the right or left side. Its under the UI menu.
2. added channel box to SideKick
3. added Layers to sidekick

Ninja Mesh
1. added duplicate, reference and instance buttons to the create section
2. added Referenceing to the copy functions

You can get it on either Creative Crash or the Ninja Dojo Site

Old 01 January 2012   #57
I just bought Your script too, can't wait to test it ;]

Do You thinking about doing layout as docked panel, like attribute editor
or tools settings? It could be very nice idea if all this massive toolset could be
swithed with attr editor/channelbox/tollsetting. Of course with floating window option too.

And - if You have any active wishlist - I'm beging for one cute option -
logic add, remove and intersetion between sets.
There was a nice script for maya, it could create sets and after clicking with right mouse button
You could choose save, replace, add, remove or intersect with current selection.
Or after clicking on set name with left/right/middle button, (or only left with modificators - alt shift ctrl)
could be the corresponding action.
It was a big time saver, unfortunetly it doesn't work with new maya's interface - it was build on channelbox's layout.

If your Dojo scripts could have this or simmilar option - it could help to save even more time.

Cheers.

Old 01 January 2012   #58
Just set up your username and password.

The dojo will automatically dock to the right side if you are using 2011 or higher. If you want the sidekick layout you can go to the UI menu and change it there. You can also have Ninja Dojo startup in different modes when you open maya.

As for the set feature.. im sure i can implement that. Not exactly sure the details of it.. but if you could either show me the script that you used or give a more detailed explanation.. it would help me get what you want.

Old 01 January 2012   #59
Thanks and requests

Love your work Brian! I've been using your scripts for the past few months and they've saved me a lot of time. Don't know if you take requests for features, but I have a couple. For mirroring geo, would it be possible to have an option for instancing, not just copying? Also, it seems like there isn't a way to copy UVs from one object across multiple objects. It would be awesome if this could this be implemented as well. I also had a question about the straighten UV edges feature. This seems to work best when there is only one UV shell for the object. That is, when I have multiple UV shells for an object and I want to straighten the edges for one shell it tries to straighten all UV shells for the object and 9 times out of 10 it doesn't give desirable results. The only workaround I have found it to detach the polys containing the shell then use the straighten feature. Is there a workaround for this so I don't have to detach the shell? Any help on these would be much appreciated. Keep up the great work!

Old 01 January 2012   #60
Originally Posted by esper77: Love your work Brian! I've been using your scripts for the past few months and they've saved me a lot of time. Don't know if you take requests for features, but I have a couple. For mirroring geo, would it be possible to have an option for instancing, not just copying? Also, it seems like there isn't a way to copy UVs from one object across multiple objects. It would be awesome if this could this be implemented as well. I also had a question about the straighten UV edges feature. This seems to work best when there is only one UV shell for the object. That is, when I have multiple UV shells for an object and I want to straighten the edges for one shell it tries to straighten all UV shells for the object and 9 times out of 10 it doesn't give desirable results. The only workaround I have found it to detach the polys containing the shell then use the straighten feature. Is there a workaround for this so I don't have to detach the shell? Any help on these would be much appreciated. Keep up the great work!

Yes i do take requests.. I can implement the mirror instance pretty easily.. i will also add mirror reference too.

As for the Straigtening UV's you can select the edges you want straightened.instead of the object. Don't select any shared shell edges tho.. Those you will have to do by hand.. I am still thinking of ways to make the straightening better.. there are 2 versions a simple and an advanced.. The advanced is slower but might generate better results.

Hope this helps.. and glad you like my scripts..

Thread Closed share thread