Ninja Dojo Mel Script

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2011   #31
added move piv to extents

Originally Posted by brendang: Hi... bought Blackbelt over the weekend, it's a great tool-set.

Suggestion - Under Ninja Mesh/Adjust Pivot: could you add a 'Pivot to base' option. Basically, Min-Y in Worldspace. I can't tell you how annoying it is in Maya that I can't simply create objects with the pivot at the base of the object. This would be mighty handy.

I added the function to move to extents.
if you would like the update just email me at brian@bk3d.com and ill send you the update

Old 11 November 2011   #32
Ninja Dojo Black Friday Special 2011

I am running a special price on Ninja Dojo 3.5.
It is available for $30 when you purchase it directly thru the Ninja Dojo Web Site.
This will run til 12 midnight on Monday 28, 2011.
You will still have a life time of updates for free.
http://www.bk3d.com/Ninja_Dojo/Down...jo_Download.htm

Old 11 November 2011   #33
this message has been removed

Last edited by bk3d : 11 November 2011 at 11:40 PM.

Old 11 November 2011   #34
Awesome !

I'll put a purchase through over the weekend

Old 11 November 2011   #35
Amazing script bk3d!

I've bought some time ago Ninja_UV. Is there a way to find out what's the Pixel Ratio of an UV shell so I could scale other shells to that scale?

I'll probably end up buying Dojo script, looks awesome!

Keep up the good job!

Old 11 November 2011   #36
Originally Posted by caro: Amazing script bk3d!

I've bought some time ago Ninja_UV. Is there a way to find out what's the Pixel Ratio of an UV shell so I could scale other shells to that scale?

I'll probably end up buying Dojo script, looks awesome!

Keep up the good job!

yes there is a way to find the pixel ratio of a UV shell.
1. select the uv shell
2. click on the [Pixel Ratio] button
it will bring up a new window showing you the pixel ratio of that shell.
3. you can then click on the set pixel ratio in the window and it will set the pixel ratio to the U value

i will be renaming this button to Check Pixel Ratio

Old 11 November 2011   #37
Sweet, thank yo for fast response!

Seems like from time to time Ninja UV unfolds a UV shell after I rotate, move or scale the shell. It is very quick and hardly noticeable, still a little bit bothering. Is there a way to switch it off?

I think the pattern goes like this:
It performs an unfold when move a shell for the first time. It won't perform it automatically again unless I rotate or scale the shell. Basically whenever I introduce new movement, rotation or scale to a shell it goes through auto unfold. I think

thanks in advance!
Karol

Old 11 November 2011   #38
Originally Posted by caro: Sweet, thank yo for fast response!

Seems like from time to time Ninja UV unfolds a UV shell after I rotate, move or scale the shell. It is very quick and hardly noticeable, still a little bit bothering. Is there a way to switch it off?

I think the pattern goes like this:
It performs an unfold when move a shell for the first time. It won't perform it automatically again unless I rotate or scale the shell. Basically whenever I introduce new movement, rotation or scale to a shell it goes through auto unfold. I think

thanks in advance!
Karol

It really should'nt be doing that. You should probably delete the history if your history gets really long. the Ninja UV does keep the history of what it does and if you are mapping alot the history will get quite long.

Old 11 November 2011   #39
Originally Posted by bk3d: It really should'nt be doing that. You should probably delete the history if your history gets really long. the Ninja UV does keep the history of what it does and if you are mapping alot the history will get quite long.

Bingo! Deleting history did the trick, I can't believe I didn't think of that... Thanks again!

Old 11 November 2011   #40
The scatter tool works with vray's proxys (instances, not copy mode).
Another very handy tool indeed, looking forwards to delving further into the other features

Old 12 December 2011   #41
Ninja Dojo 4.0

I have made an update to 4.0
You currently can get it directly thru The Ninja Dojo Page.

4.0 Updates

New Scripts
1. Ninja Speed Box

Ninja Dojo 4.0
1. Integrated Ninja Speed Box into the shelves tab

2. Added Color Scheme to buttons. There are now colors at the top of the Dojo UI. click these to change the button colors.
The First color is the current and custom color. click this one to change to a custom color.
The color will be saved to an ini file and will load on restart.

Ninja Mesh
1. Reorganized Rollouts

2. Added Adjust pivot to min X, min Y, min Z, max X, max Y, max Z. This will set the pivot of an object to the min and max extents.

3. Added the option to mirror either from the center or the Extents of an object.
You can now mirror in all directions using the extents of the object as the mirror point.

4. When Mirroring.. The display Opposite is now turned off

5. Added Color to the On and Off in the history Editor

6. Fixed a crash bug when you had the history list open with nothing selected and you used your mouse wheel to scroll in the Ninja Mesh UI.
This crash would only happen with 2010 and below.

7. Fixed the refresh histoy when nothing was selected. It will now display "nothing selected" instead of keeping the last selected history.

8. Moved History to a new tab called edit

9. Added an attribute editor in the edit tab

Ninja UV 3.0
1. Added Projection Mapping tools
2. Added double click to the pixel ratio quick settings. Double click will quick scale to the value clicked
3. Added buttons for hypershade UV editor uv sets

Asset Manager
1. fixed an issue with maya 2008 not showing files with icons.
2. fixed warning about bookmark file not existing.

Ninja City
1. Added a vertical UI Mode under the Window menu.
2. Fixed an path issue when building a city with street lights.

Old 12 December 2011   #42
Just wanted to post a thank-you to Brian here. We had some issues getting a component of "Ninja Dojo Grand Master" working within our linux environment and he fixed things ever so promptly. We were up and running within hours.

Now it's time to play!

Last edited by Flay : 12 December 2011 at 05:15 PM.

Old 12 December 2011   #43
I've built a new test template for Ninja City and successfully tossed out a couple of iterations. Pretty smooth except for some small niggles.

- using numerics at the end of your new building's name. It creates chaos (A, B, C, D convention works perfectly).

- adding floors or columns doesn't seem to consider parented geometry? Easy enough to work around by adjusting the building's dimensions before adding child-containing modules. But makes later adjustments a bit of a pain...

- reliance on Mental ray makes utilizing other renderers a bit painful in pipeline. Easy enough to bulk replace materials or create a duplicate template to generate module thumbnails from. But scale that to a hundred building styles and it might prove cumbersome. Though I could (get off my lazy ass and) recode that bit to assign and utilize VRay or Maxwell etc..

Like I said, minor niggles. Very much enjoying this tool!

Christopher

Last edited by Flay : 12 December 2011 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Lack of logical thought.

Old 12 December 2011   #44
Ninja City Updates

I am working on Ninja City to work with Y or Z as world up axis.

I have also made changes so you can have childeren in the modules. They will get reparented to the new modules when you replace modules.

I have also made an update to support V-Ray to render the modules.

I will release this once i have finished debuggin and making sure everything works with Y as the up axis.

ill send you an update to your email.

Old 12 December 2011   #45
Ninja Dojo Upgrade Price

I have been asked for a discount price to access the Ninja Dojo if you had already purchased a script on Creative Crash (Ninja_UV, Ninja_Mesh, Ninja_Light, etc).

I added an upgrade section at the bottom of the Ninja Dojo Download Page.

This is going to be based on the Honor System, since I can't track who has purchased thru creative crash.

Thread Closed share thread