Ninja Dojo Mel Script

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2011   #16
Really looks sweet, Bk3d. Gonna try to check it out this week, especially your new scattering mechanisms!

"Like stone we battle the wind... Beat down and strangle the rains..."

Old 11 November 2011   #17
Ninja Dojo Forum update

I have decided to remove the Forum from the Ninja Dojo Web Page and use this Forum as the Ninja Dojo Forum.

Old 11 November 2011   #18
New Video Section

I have Created a new video's page on the Ninja Dojo Page.
I will be adding more videos soon.

http://www.bk3d.com/Ninja_Dojo/Dojo.htm

Old 11 November 2011   #19
Ninja Speed Box

I have created a new tool Called Ninja Speed Box.

Ninja Speed Box is a context sensitive tool box that changes when you are in different modes.
The modes are: No selection, single object, Multiple Objects, vertex, edge, and face.

You can add more icons by ctrl middle mouse drag, and to save the shelf you right click --> save shelf.

It's available for free on creative crash:
http://www.creativecrash.com/maya/d...ninja-speed-box

If you already have the ninja dojo you can just drop this script in the bonus folder under the Ninja_Dojo directory and access it thru the mel tab or mel menu.

This has been integrated into the dojo under the shelves tab and will be released soon after enough testing.

Old 11 November 2011   #20
Looks great! Giving it a shot today, thanks for the heads-up. Much easier to hear it on this site (which I check daily) than over at CC, which is a bit messy when you're trying to find new stuff...

"Like stone we battle the wind... Beat down and strangle the rains..."

Old 11 November 2011   #21
Spline Context Shelf in Speed Box

I just added a spline context shelf in the Speed Box.

Old 11 November 2011   #22
Ninja Dojo Discount Price

you can now purchase on the ninja dojo web site thru pay pay for a discounted price.
Ninja Dojo (Grand Master) - $55
Ninja Dojo (Black Belt) - $40
Ninja City $20

How it works:

1. go to the ninja dojo web site and purchase thru pay pal

2. Once payment has been received, I will then email you a username and password.

3. Return back to the ninja dojo site and downlod the .zip file by entering your username and password.

4. When I make updates, you can then return back and download the updates for free by using your username and password.

http://www.bk3d.com/Ninja_Dojo/Down...jo_Download.htm

Last edited by bk3d : 11 November 2011 at 08:36 PM.

Old 11 November 2011   #23
Thumbs up

Terrific product, terrific deal... purchase made. Look forward to becoming a UV ninja.

B.

Old 11 November 2011   #24
Hi... bought Blackbelt over the weekend, it's a great tool-set.

Question - since Edge-mapping has been poo-pooed for 2011 and up, could you do a short vid on how Uniform Mapping functions similarly?

Suggestion - Under Ninja Mesh/Adjust Pivot: could you add a 'Pivot to base' option. Basically, Min-Y in Worldspace. I can't tell you how annoying it is in Maya that I can't simply create objects with the pivot at the base of the object. This would be mighty handy.

best,
B.

Old 11 November 2011   #25
Just looking through the other tools and videos, think I'll be buying your N.Dojo as well actually.
Seriously impressive stuff, and more than reasonable prices for tools that work.
Appreciate the hard work ! (will show some colleagues soon as well )

Just a quick question I thought of looking at another thread.
Does the scatter function work with vray proxies ?

Last edited by RagingBull : 11 November 2011 at 01:48 AM.

Old 11 November 2011   #26
it should work with any node in maya. But i dont know about vray proxies. Dont use vray :(

Old 11 November 2011   #27
Originally Posted by bk3d: it should work with any node in maya. But i dont know about vray proxies. Dont use vray :(

Ok, well I'll most probably buy the pack anyway either later this week or next and shall report if it works. I don't know exactly how the proxies work but I imagine it should work.
I guess some people would like to know if it works with the MRay proxies anyway ?

Thanks again !

Old 11 November 2011   #28
Originally Posted by brendang: Hi... bought Blackbelt over the weekend, it's a great tool-set.

Question - since Edge-mapping has been poo-pooed for 2011 and up, could you do a short vid on how Uniform Mapping functions similarly?

Suggestion - Under Ninja Mesh/Adjust Pivot: could you add a 'Pivot to base' option. Basically, Min-Y in Worldspace. I can't tell you how annoying it is in Maya that I can't simply create objects with the pivot at the base of the object. This would be mighty handy.

best,
B.

Uniform Mapping:
its actually easier than edge mapping. you just select the edges you want cut and click on Uniform Mapping. you can also check the auto unfold to run the unfolding and check the quick fix to run the quick fix.

This works best on a very clean quad mesh. like a tube or torus..

I will look into adding align piv to min X min Y min Z max X max Y and maxZ

Old 11 November 2011   #29
Originally Posted by RagingBull: Does the scatter function work with vray proxies ?

There is no reason not too unless the script somehow adds a transformGeometry node to the proxy which happens sometimes in Maya...allegedly this is fixed in the nightlies though

Old 11 November 2011   #30
Originally Posted by Hamburger: There is no reason not too unless the script somehow adds a transformGeometry node to the proxy which happens sometimes in Maya...allegedly this is fixed in the nightlies though

I'll be testing today, and will report back

Thread Closed share thread