Maya 2012 announced

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2011   #31
Solid release imo, simply want to congratulate some of the devs that lurk the board here.

Old 03 March 2011   #32
Originally Posted by LikuidSnake: Hey cgbeige, any news on the bug fixing deparment? (that you might be able to talk about).

Any information would be apreciated.

The list is extensive. Every alpha/beta/RC came with a ton of fixes to problems that were not just part of the new features.

Old 03 March 2011   #33
Originally Posted by SheepFactory: Understatement of the year

seriously. Even with MSAA at 8X, I get like 50-80FPS with 20-million polygons in viewport 2. And the viewport 2 selection draw lag is gone in 2012.

Old 03 March 2011   #34
There are indeed significant enhancements to mental ray, but I don't believe I can say anything until it is released or at the very least the documentation is available. . . .

Old 03 March 2011   #35
Originally Posted by cgbeige: seriously. Even with MSAA at 8X, I get like 50-80FPS with 20-million polygons in viewport 2. And the viewport 2 selection draw lag is gone in 2012.

can you model in vp 2.0?

Old 03 March 2011   #36
Quote: mental ray support for compressed .tif files mental ray for Maya now supports input of LZW compressed .tif texture files.

Finally they did it !

Old 03 March 2011   #37
Originally Posted by Stellios: can you model in vp 2.0?

Yes you can.

Old 03 March 2011   #38
yes, they added full support for most things you'd need to model and texture: manipulators, UV projection previews with manipulators, components, soft selection, smooth mesh preview with soft selection, etc.

Old 03 March 2011   #39
Loving the editable motion trails here, that alone almost makes the upgrade for me

Is it just me or is the video on the new unified Graph editor not there? When I click the link I get a video on the Human IK features instead.

Cheers,
Brian

Old 03 March 2011   #40
The graph editor looks the same anyway. The new auto tangents are very nice when blocking the animation because they do not overshoot like clamped does.

Old 03 March 2011   #41
If Autodesk continues to follow their previous change where they are aligning the versions of mental ray, then the XSI 2012 release has part of the puzzle for you:

Quote: Mental Ray 3.9

Unified Sampling is an alternative method for aliasing

Old 03 March 2011   #42
can i fast sculpting in viewport 2.0 ?

Old 03 March 2011   #43
linear workflow

Guys any news on the linear workflow, that has been a royal pain and i really would like to know if that was fixed in this release(mainly with color swatches and that the gamma ajustment was a bit off) and about substance textures being used in mental ray. I am still dissappointed about no iray, but alot of other nice stuff done, especially viewport 2.0 enhancements

Old 03 March 2011   #44
when can we expect the full list of features etc.? any idea?

Old 03 March 2011   #45
here it is...
http://area.autodesk.com/blogs/cory/maya-1

Thread Closed share thread