Maya 2012

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2010
Originally Posted by gramulho: Man, that is such a nice feature list! Cant wait to see the Geomagnetic Reversal feature!

Usually when I type LOL it's not after actually literally laughing out loud, but this is one of those exceptions. That's the funniest thing I've read all day!

11 November 2010
I was refering to the Maya, because the program does get it's name Maya Civilization.
Do yourself a favour and read about them:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_civilization
Also read abot 2012.
If you think that Independence day is when big alien ship comes and then we kick their b... then you are mistaken. Same for 2012.

It is real opportunity to make a difference with Maya program as well, and version 2012 should be given the priority for a change, considering the enormous amount of publicity this could bring.

Als

VFX rule no. 387
# Just redo it!

11 November 2010
Originally Posted by Als: I was refering to the Maya, because the program does get it's name Maya Civilization.
Do yourself a favour and read about them:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_civilization

Als

actually in this case Maya is sanskrit for "illusion", which is an ancient language in india.

11 November 2010
Precisely. The word "Maya" has nothing to do with the Mayan people initially. They called themselves, "The People of the Corn", and corn was "maize" and other variations, so the more accurate name would be "Maizans", only the Spaniards occupying the land used "Mayans" as a short form, almost a racial slur. The Mayan people never called themselves "Mayans".

And in our case, Maya means "illusion", not "people of the corn". Nor "Children of the Corn", obviously! (grins)

"Like stone we battle the wind... Beat down and strangle the rains..."

11 November 2010
Originally Posted by WesHowe: From the first post, one would guess that Maya 2012 has moved from alpha testing to beta testing phase.

Maya does not move out of beta phase.

11 November 2010
Originally Posted by lostparanoia: yes, I was there. unfortunately the client didn't ask me to do it personally. I was told by our project manager. Otherwise I would've told her about my inadequacies in bending the time/space continuum.

That's why you'll never succeed in life, you've shackled yourself to mediocrity with the foibles of euclidean geometry and special relativity. Break out!
Critcal feedback example #62: "Well instead of the Stalinist purges and the divorce and the investigation ... it could be about losing a balloon."

11 November 2010
Originally Posted by axiomatic: That's why you'll never succeed in life, you've shackled yourself to mediocrity with the foibles of euclidean geometry and special relativity. Break out!

You're right. I should ofc have suggested that we spin the client around the screen with a velocity close to the speed of light. that should do the trick.

Last edited by lostparanoia : 11 November 2010 at 08:46 AM.

11 November 2010
Originally Posted by Hamburger: Maya does not move out of beta phase.

ha ha. that is correct.

11 November 2010
So there are two beta phases... a private one and a public one you get to pay to be in?

11 November 2010
LOL, yea I think I've been in the paid beta program for a good 8 years now.

11 November 2010
enough fun ,back to thread, please.

11 November 2010
Quote: enough fun ,back to thread, please.

There's no thread here, my friend. It's all in fun. Every year we do these threads, making fun of Maya, ourselves, and each other. And our wallets too!

The OP:

Quote: Looking forward for MAYA 2012!

But nobody can say why they're looking forward to it. Thus, this is not a thread for serious discussion, simply a place to express ourselves along with ALS and the others. Anyone currently using the Alpha of Maya 2012 can't talk about it anyway, except to brag about how they're using it already and can't talk about it with the rest of us lowly worker-class types. (grins)

"Like stone we battle the wind... Beat down and strangle the rains..."

11 November 2010
for my new project , i go back to my maya 1.0 and fix all problems with mel.

11 November 2010
Yeah, we can only wait, hope and pray, and pray... and pray that the next release wont make us balder then we are already. Im pretty sure Maya has an enormous, direct effect on my health!

11 November 2010
I've got another one!

wait for it, wait for it...

I love this treads, every year it's so much fun in them

maybe it's time to open another thread " What feature you want in maya 2012" I bet it will be fun as always

Thread Closed share thread