Video Tutorial for maya UI making

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

View Poll Results: Would you like a video tutorial in making Maya UIs
I'm a Beginner (no MEL Knowledge) 246 46.24%
I know some MEL but don't really understand 143 26.88%
I know MEL but not how to make UIs 95 17.86%
we all ready know, shut up. 48 9.02%
Voters: 532. You may not vote on this poll

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2004
razorback ???

09 September 2004
Thank you verry much. westiemad

Now I just have to wait for the 2 hour download time.

09 September 2004
hey there westiemad, cant log on at teh mo, i dont mind waiting though. Cool stuf, my UI are always pretty crap.

Cheers for helping out.

~andrew

09 September 2004
Hey Phrenzy m8, long time no chat, hows it going? This window is ugly, as its more about the process that the finished output, but from this u can make your look sexy

Once the tutorials start to spread it'll be a lot easier, and faster, and hopefully worth the wait .

09 September 2004
any tutorial on UI is a help, sure this one will be, i think i need to read the FAQ's on emule, havent got a clue how it works, got the link, its on auto download, do i need to connect to a server...bah.

anywhoo, nice to see ya streaching your skillz, seen your trebuchet some awesome stuff mate. Oh and if you continue these tutorials, it would be cool to show us how you did that character gui ages ago. It looked awesome.
oh its downloading 9kbs :( (oh well better than nothing).

09 September 2004
that character UI is one of the things we are working up to, plus 1 addition I have made, that I think is kinda cool on the same lines.

09 September 2004
no one made a torrent? can we put this thing on limewire? ...no one I know uses WinMX, KaZaA, etc for adware reasons, limewire is the only clean sharing app that I know of. Gavin's FTP with 3 people at a time only with people takin 2 hours to download at a time means i'm probably never going to have a window of opertunity, lol.

09 September 2004
by all means make a torrent out of it, just make sure the file names stay the same.

09 September 2004
I cant even do that because I dont have the vid

09 September 2004
dont worry mate

im downloadin 1 of 3 people, on emule, just download the link and it wil do the rest itself. Its going pretty slow 5kbs (im on broadband), but ill have it around 6 maybe 7 hours, so that will be one more to add to the list, ill keep it online all day so hopefully it will spread.

edit:// just jumped to 8kbs, so when i have it tell me what to do and ill do whatever i can to make it get otthere even more.

09 September 2004
sorry about speed people i currently am on 1mbs broadband (256kbs up speed) with 9 people downloading the file from me it's pretty much killing me, but i am doing my best

09 September 2004
thats ok, ive got 2 people downlaind form me, so far ive given 12mb's to one guy and 9mb to another. So its speading out. Itll be everywhere in no time.

09 September 2004
As soon as it finishes I will zip it and put it on my site after that, its a free for all.

09 September 2004
thanks for the support guys next weeks video will be on if statements, as I know many of you have never done mel before, we'll spend some time looking at this stuff so we can give our cool UIs functionality, (before I leap into layouts and layouts within layouts, and changing the controls on the fly we need to do looping and procedures too ) and you get more used to the language. The vid will be from no idea to what an if statement does to all if'd out, to a basic window and ifs.

09 September 2004
just seen it westie, very cool, starts off nice n simple, but by the end you feel you can do alot with the mel reference. Iv only made 1 or 2 UI's, both in tabLayout, so im gonna have a play around with forms.

Im keeping emule open all day for those who want to grab it off me, i think another 2 people have it, but at the moment no one is downloadin from, so if anyone starts now, the connection speed will be at its highest.

cheers again westie, cant wiat for the next one, untill then, im gonna messs around, and probably post what i have done.

cheers

ediT:// someone has connecteed and is now downloading.

Thread Closed share thread