Maya Blobby surface render-SOLVED-

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

1 Week Ago
Maya Blobby surface render-SOLVED-

Hi everybody!
I need to render some oil paint strokes, with a real thickness and detailed surface..
I'm using particles emitted from a surface...is possible, with arnold ,to inherit color from particles to the remeshed particles?....there is a walkaround?there is some new way...maybe using bifrost?

Pls help!!:-)
Thanks alot!
Carlo

Last edited by hindukush : 1 Week Ago at 10:55 AM.

1 Week Ago
could you post an image of what you need to render...?

1 Week Ago
I need to convert those particles to a mesh wich inherit the particle color...i did try exporting rgbPP and plug it in the shader using an aiuserdatafloat, but it render the default color...

1 Week Ago
I did try installing mray and with mray it works..the problem is probably to convert the particle color info to vertex in arnold?ANY IDEA?

1 Week Ago
in your nparticleshape you have this tab "output Mesh" be sure to tick "color per vertex" this will create a new color set for your converted mesh.
Open the color set editor and you will see "colorPV" then you will just have to pass the vertex color to your render.

1 Week Ago
Hi Onouris!
Thank you so much!i did not know the existence of the color set editor!I did try what you suggest but i still get the default color...i attach an image...

1 Week Ago
EUREKA!I did found the solution, wa sismple,just tick the export vertex data from the shape of the geo, in the arnold tab!
Thanks alot!

reply share thread