Maya 2018 - Bug Reports!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

01 January 2018
Maya crashes when timeline starts to paly during sculp, even is the mesh is not animated.

01 January 2018
Originally Posted by Kirbystar: Maya crashes when timeline starts to paly during sculp, even is the mesh is not animated.

it's working fine here
maya2018 update 2
driver 388.43

06 June 2018
(First of all, English is not my native language, so if you don't understand something you can ask me to explain)

Not completely sure if this is a bug per se, but today I found problems assigning material overrides (render setup) to skinned or deformed (with deformers) objects. It appears to happen in some computers (or some specific updates of Maya 2018, not completely sure)
"# Warning: Failed to make connection for material override materialOverride1. Note that per-face assignments are not supported with material overrides.#"
In my 2 personal computers it works fine. But my University computers it displays that warning. Even when I try to add an aiambientocclusion override to a simple smoothed cube with a lattice in a clean scene it displays this warning.
Does someone has a fix to this? Is it a bug?
I installed Maya in January (preety sure it is the first version of Maya 2018) And my university has Maya 2018.2.

06 June 2018
what about updating to .3 to see by yourself if it fixes your problem?

release note of update3
MAYA-90041 Render Setup material override fails to cover per-face shading if involved shading groups were deleted (regression from legacy render layer material override)

reply share thread