Maya 2018 - Review: Creativity OFF - Efficiency almost ON!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

02 February 2018
Originally Posted by coccosoids: Yes, but that's probably still an assumption. Could be quite an educated one, but they will still be 2 years behind - even if that is the case. I just hope they come up with something by the time of the next launch...

Two years behind what? I'm not following your logic here. How is Maya 2 years behind itself?

I personally skipped 2016-2018, as there were no new features for arch/viz other than the shift to Arnold, which is pointless. Perhaps in 2019 they will introduce something helpful for my work.

"Like stone we battle the wind... Beat down and strangle the rains..."

03 March 2018
Originally Posted by Autodesk Area: Maya releases, moving to full installs for Windows Customers
With the release of Maya 2018 update 3 in April, we will be implementing full installs for all subsequent updates.

Instead of the traditional patch(s) for windows install bases. We are letting customers know in advance, should any adjustments to implemented processes need to be made.

This change will improve install and uninstall times.

Customers should be aware:Any custom automated install scripts may be affected, if you are using an automated scripts to install a Maya patch, the command line should be update to use the full install command line.The new Installer will uninstall older version of Maya 2018 (+Updates) automatically and install new full version in the same location.Previous Builds (2017 and older) will not be impacted.Regards
The Maya Team

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/maya...18/td-p/7835921

03 March 2018
"With the release of Maya 2018 update 3 in April, we will be implementing full installs for all subsequent updates."

I was one of the people begging for patches several years ago and I got it. Silly me for thinking AD would make patches that installed faster then complete uninstall/reinstall. Stupid worthless AD for screwing up the patch process.

03 March 2018
Originally Posted by fleabay: "With the release of Maya 2018 update 3 in April, we will be implementing full installs for all subsequent updates."

That's a very good news.

reply share thread