Old 11-10-2004, 10:48 AM   #61
Nothingness
a.k.a. Fatzaxx

portfolio
Nico Strobbe
OMFG
Gent, Belgium

Thumbs up Sweet

I hope the problems whit your hardware is not coused by the RivaTuner! Otherwise I doubt if I should try it!

Anyway, I tried 2 things on my machine: 1. I changed the compatibility of maya to windows 2000. (I work on XP) and all the display-freezing problems went away. No more visual crashes.

2. I set-up my 2 screens to work as one large display. This helped the problem that the menu's didn't work on the secund display.

Also I noticed that maya actually work faster now. Some screens or menu's just appear faster. It's very sweet.
I don't think I even have a reason to try to use Riva Tuner. Unless you can convince me it will enhance maya even more!

Thanks to everybody who shared the valuable info on display-performance

Last edited by Nothingness : 11-10-2004 at 10:50 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 11-29-2004, 02:41 AM   #62
TerribleMasterLee

Send a message via AIM to TerribleMasterLee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grape
// Warning: Your system does not have hardware accelerated OpenGL, or your driver is not configured properly. Maya will continue to run, but you will get significantly better performance with accelerated hardware. //

And I don't have camera names on the vieports and some of my HUDs don't work (they just don't appear on the vieports when I'm turning them on/off).

Does anybody know what I should do with that?

I have geForce4 Ti 4200, and I have tried drivers from nVidia 43.45, 56.72, 61.77....

I have reinstall Maya, remove all prefs and so on, but still it doesn't helps.
Maya 5 is working properly by the way.

Whee! First post!

Anyways, I'm having the same exact problems as you are, Grape. I have even tried uninstalling, clearing out all signs of Alias out of the registry, and reinstalling.

When I first installed Maya 6, it ran fine, but I ran into this problem about 2 months ago. It fixed itself once when I shut my comp down for a while, but it has come back to plague me once again.

I'm running on Windows 2000 Pro, with an ATI 9200 SE (old, I know). I have tried updating drivers, but I found out after I had installed them that the current driver updates ATI offers doesn't support 9200 SE, which may or may not be the cause.

Hopefully someone here can clue me in, as this thing is bugging the hell out of me.

Old 12-28-2004, 04:54 AM   #63
Bleen
No eyes behind my specs

portfolio
Pablo Selener
Lighting TD
RTT USA
United%2BStates

Send a message via ICQ to Bleen Send a message via AIM to Bleen Send a message via MSN to Bleen Send a message via Yahoo to Bleen
I had a lot of troubles with Maya when I upgraded my old TNT2 some years ago... I grew tired of them and researched, found this site: http://www.omegadrivers.net/ which many people posted in this thread. I haven't had a single driver drawing problem since I've been using this... I even have dual monitor, and Maya works great on both! The only issue with moega drivers is sometimes they aren't as stable as the official ones and you get nasty hang-ups... but then again, I've tried the official nvidia drivers some months ago and they were very unstable too ^_^;
Therefore if you have the usual problems on GeForce cards, I recommend omega drivers :-)

Old 01-04-2005, 03:02 AM   #64
caulfield
Know-it-All
portfolio
james mccallum
Sydney, Australia

Where abouts do you change the windows compatibility? SOunds like the same kind of issues I'm having - camera names don't show up, gimbal only appears in one viewport, drop down menus are invisible...

Old 01-04-2005, 04:33 AM   #65
BillB
Work In Progress

portfolio
Bill Boyce
Animation Director
Huhu Studios
Warkworth, New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike
Where abouts do you change the windows compatibility? SOunds like the same kind of issues I'm having - camera names don't show up, gimbal only appears in one viewport, drop down menus are invisible...

Go to properties for the Maya shortcut (Right Click on icon, select Properties) and use the Compatibility tab that should be there.

Old 01-13-2005, 09:34 PM   #66
dbluewolf
sleeping is important
Avijit Paul
student again =)
2isted
Malaysia

anothe problem

ok, this is another problem. =( i am using Maya 6, running on Intel Xeon and Nvdia Geforce
i am not sure where to ask this though, and i tried searching for solution, but couldnt find.
Anyway, my problem is like this. :

As u can see, no other camera names are visible. =( and also, in the perspective window, there is no arrow in the manipulators.

i have faced this problem before, and then i donno how it got solved, but i have this problem again. Is it because of the graphic card? But i did run maya before and it was ok.

Thanks in advnace for help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg maya_problem.jpg (72.7 KB, 168 views)

Old 01-14-2005, 12:32 AM   #67
Andrei2k
Veteran
portfolio
Andrei Savu
VFX Supervisor
United%2BStates

Display>Heads Up Display>Camera names should fix the names problem.....the manipulator arrows however I am not so sure about.......Have you tried deleting your prefs and running Maya again to recreate them?

Old 01-14-2005, 10:22 AM   #68
dbluewolf
sleeping is important
Avijit Paul
student again =)
2isted
Malaysia

thx Andrei2k

thx a lot Andrei2k for ur help. BUT, as u can see or try, if u do Display>Heads Up Display>Camera names , if u turn it off, it switches off all ur camera and not the particular viewport camera. And turning on turns all.
but my problem is , i see the perspective camera name, others i dont. Any idea anyone?

thx a lot

Old 01-15-2005, 03:32 PM   #69
dbluewolf
sleeping is important
Avijit Paul
student again =)
2isted
Malaysia

weird...

ok, this is weird, but i have solved my problem. What is weird is, i installed a different driver and it worked *shocked*

I use Nvidia GeForce 4 MX in the computer that i had this problem, and i installed the driver for Quadro. And it worked. How funny. the driver i installed is 61.76_winxp2k_english_whql.exe and its working fine now. I am happy that its working, but ... i feel it is stupid.

Old 01-15-2005, 09:32 PM   #70
caffonne
portfolio
caffonne caff1
Madrid, Spain

http://www.nvidia.com/page/partner_...ed_drivers.html

Does this help? or there other drivers that work better with Maya 6?

Too many drivers to choose, which one will be the best for a Geforce FX 5500?

?????

(Don't know what to install, I have the maximize viewports trouble)

Old 01-19-2005, 01:18 AM   #71
olioli
Frequenter

front is side and side is front

Help porfavor,

I have a mac g5 and am running maya 6.0.1.

My problem is: when I hit the spacebar to view all four camera views, my side view shows the front, and my front view shows the side.

Is there a way to fix this. I tried looking in the manual, but no luck...Any suggestions.

Old 01-21-2005, 02:05 PM   #72
_david
the whole cgi thing...
David Schaefer
CEO
23D Solutions GmbH
Stuttgart, Germany

Exclamation can someone help me on this?

hi guys,
im happy to read that the white screen can be "tuned off".... i felt a little angry when my workstation (at work!) with a dual xeon and a quadro fx 1100 also produced that white screen. but i have one problem even worse, so, if possible, someone help me please:

on my new notebook, running with 1440x900 resolutopn settings, mayas render globals in mental ray just dont show up correctly. if i roll out final gather or caustics and... nothing happens.the raytrace rollout just shows a checkbox.... looks like the rollouts are cutoff....
just cant explain that to me.ill post a screenshot if possible, if someone likes to help me out.

i tried to reinstall maya, kick the prefs..... nothing helped. i guess it could have something to do with the resolution, but as i checked, the same problem appeared. thanks in advance for taking the time to read this.

david

Old 01-24-2005, 03:10 PM   #73
_david
the whole cgi thing...
David Schaefer
CEO
23D Solutions GmbH
Stuttgart, Germany

my solution

dear guys,
the ones who read my post: thanks. but heres the solution to my problem:

change the font size in windows screen config from 120dpi (big) to 96 (normal) or something like that, i cant remember well...

okay, i hope that might have helped anyone.

david

Old 01-25-2005, 12:23 AM   #74
Baskiat

Baskiat
Brazil

Send a message via ICQ to Baskiat Send a message via MSN to Baskiat
Unhappy

Hi all.

Ill be glad if someone can help me with this problem.

Im working in this model, using smooth proxy, and in "smooth shaded all" mode, some parts of the model does not render properly. The shoulder part is always like this, with a weird "hole":

Sometimes, when moving verts, deleting edges, whatever, the smooth proxy or the model itself disapear in parts, like this (totaly at random):

When I jump to "flat shaded", everthing render normaly. Dont have a clue whats going on. already changed from soft render to hardware render (and vice versa), with the same results.

Im using Winxp sp1, nvidia detonator 45,23, maya 6.

Tks in advance.

Old 01-30-2005, 11:14 AM   #75
kO2n

Thumbs up

Hi,

DBlueWolf, i have the exact same problem, though i'm using the ATI 9200se card. Which i have just learned is well, less than half decent! So i'll be changing it soon enough.

Will try a similar fix to what you've done, using a different driver. I'll post back if i solve the issue.

Thanks,
Viru.

Edit:
Went ahead and upgrade the driver.

Original Out of the box driver: 6.14.10.6462
New Driver: 6.14.10.6505

First impressions good, i.e. All view ports have the camera names, XYZ handles show in all windows, they also show after changing tools. Feeling happy....for now.

Last edited by kO2n : 01-30-2005 at 11:33 AM.

reply share thread