Login register
reply share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 03-30-2004, 09:57 PM   #16
Tom Pawlik
Veteran
Student/Freelancer

Quote:
Originally posted by NUKE-CG

But, some people are still running into slow-downs, and poor video playback, Quicktime especially. Then I'd recommend the 40.xx's (45.23 is used for a year) still.

This were also problems i ran into, but it turned out to be a driver problem. The driver (In my case 45.23 or so) was not deleted fully and one dll was still used. You will have to delete the old NV driver by yourself.
For me it worked very well.

cu
Tom

Old 04-01-2004, 08:48 AM   #17
NUKE-CG
Boom?

portfolio
Vincent Gillanders
3D Generalist
Auckland, New Zealand

I uninstall, restart, and install new drivers.. :(
Nvidia.. grrr.

Old 04-01-2004, 12:05 PM   #18
Tom Pawlik
Veteran
Student/Freelancer

Hmm, look here :
http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?pag...natorrip&menu=0
This should do the job.

cu
Tom

Old 04-03-2004, 03:21 AM   #19
BonoMan
Frequenter

Send a message via AIM to BonoMan
Good thread but where exactly is this horizontal span you mention? I'd love to be able to use opengl stuff on the second monitor. I'm lookin in the nView properties but can't find it!

Old 04-07-2004, 09:39 PM   #20
NUKE-CG
Boom?

portfolio
Vincent Gillanders
3D Generalist
Auckland, New Zealand

Bonoman, sorry didn't notice the new post.

nView Display Mode tab inside the Control Panel - Display - Settings - Advanced - Then your Card Name tab.

Also.. an UPDATE on new drivers.

I currently am using the 56.72 - the new drivers available at Http://www.Nvidia.com .

So far I am quite pleased, they fixed the floating menus from slowing down, well.. it did once but maybe a small background task that gobbled some cpu at the same time. As they released these very shortly after the 56.64's .. then they must have realized some stupid mistakes, patched them, and posted them.

So I recommend the new ones for anyone on dual that were getting menu slow downs, they seem fixed at my end which must be good considering I've installed then uninstalled pretty much every driver since Forceware was released just to be given the finger and running back to 44's.

Old 04-20-2004, 09:16 PM   #21
lossy
Veteran
Student

Send a message via AIM to lossy
Quote:

nView Display Mode tab inside the Control Panel - Display - Settings - Advanced - Then your Card Name tab.

that doesn't work for me, there is nothing labeled horizontal span anywhere. I'm running 5.0, if that has anything to do with it.

Last edited by lossy : 04-20-2004 at 09:27 PM.

Old 04-21-2004, 10:48 PM   #22
Tom Pawlik
Veteran
Student/Freelancer

Quote:
Originally posted by lossy
... I'm running 5.0, if that has anything to do with it.

He does not talk about Maya properties. You have to check it in the drivers properties and not in Maya.

cu
Tom

Old 04-21-2004, 11:42 PM   #23
lossy
Veteran
Student

Ok, I've figured that out now. I have a Mobility Radeon 9600, and I've played with all the open GL options, with no results for Maya. I've attempted other drivers but most laptop video cards' drivers are machine specific, so if my laptop manufacturer doesn't provide them, I'm SOL.

Maya is the ONLY app that won't fill my second display's deskspace, it will only fill to the maximum size of my laptop display (which looks especially wierd since my laptop is widescreen and my CRT is 4:3). It's not life or death, but I would like to have more work space. I can even have Maya and other apps open simultaneously, and the other apps will will fill my second display while Maya still only fills part of it.

Old 04-22-2004, 01:33 AM   #24
salmonmoose
Moose Administrator

portfolio
Anton Fletcher
Gluing captions to cats
Ballistic Media
Australia

Send a message via ICQ to salmonmoose Send a message via AIM to salmonmoose Send a message via MSN to salmonmoose Send a message via Yahoo to salmonmoose
I'm running an ATI aswell, although it's a 9500Pro Softmodded to 9700Pro.

The first place to check is of course the ATI webpage (www.ati.com) you need HYDRAVISION (possibly mobile) this is ATI's multiple monitor software. It lets you better configure how dual monitors work rather than just letting you add one.

I'm not sure if it solves the problems in maya, i'm a max user, being forced to convert, and my 2nd monitor is being funny

The other place worth checking is :

http://www.omegacorner.com/

This is where you get the 'cracked' drivers for pretty much anything... These drivers give you access to lots of the features of your video card that ATI doesn't let you at - some of these might solve your problem.

They do seem very stable, however I'm cursed with an Aura that seems to make computers work

Twitter: salmonmoose

Old 04-22-2004, 06:00 AM   #25
lossy
Veteran
Student

I'd have to try a hacked driver, because ATI does not offer any mobile drivers. this is what their site says:

Quote:
Display drivers and multimedia applications for notebooks with ATI graphics solutions are available for download from your Notebook manufacturer.

For your convenience, a list of links to notebook manufacturers is available in the ATI Onboard section of our website.

The display driver supplied with a given notebook has been customized for:

the built-in flat panel display
any other graphics or video options installed in that specific computer.
As a result of these customizations, ATI Customer Care is unable to offer drivers for notebooks.

We recommend that you:
use the driver supplied with your notebook computer, or,
obtain a driver update from the manufacturer of your notebook computer.

Emachines is certainly no help, because they don't even offer support for XP Pro. My machine shipped with home, but I wanted more stability for obvious reasons. I had a nightmare even getting my video card to function correctly since re-installing Pro made several key drivers disappear (but were fortunately on one of the recovery disks, without having to use the recovery feature).

I've heard that notebook video drivers are in fact NOT machine specific, has anyone had experience with this?

Old 04-22-2004, 07:16 PM   #26
kassun
Frequenter

portfolio
Kassun Majchrzak Majchrzak
3D Modeler / Texture Artist
Kassuns Inc
United States

Send a message via MSN to kassun Send a message via Yahoo to kassun
I dl and installed 56.72 I have a Quadro 750 XGL on Win 2000 professional. Everything works great the Dope sheet... ect updates great on my second monitor now, but the problem I am having now is the icons and windows are all distorted, they are squished up verticially. I am running both monitors at (1360x768). I have droped them down to 800x600.. ect, but same squishishing problem. Any ideas? As far as monitors I am running dual 21" (Nec Multisync E1100+).

Thanks,
Kassun

Last edited by kassun : 04-22-2004 at 09:52 PM.

Old 04-22-2004, 09:48 PM   #27
kassun
Frequenter

portfolio
Kassun Majchrzak Majchrzak
3D Modeler / Texture Artist
Kassuns Inc
United States

Send a message via MSN to kassun Send a message via Yahoo to kassun
Reinstalled and now works fine: Video playback is jumpy and inverted for playback, now a new problem to work out

Kassun

Last edited by kassun : 04-22-2004 at 09:51 PM.

Old 04-29-2004, 12:40 PM   #28
BillB
Work In Progress

portfolio
Bill Boyce
Animation Director
Huhu Studios
Warkworth, New Zealand

Quote:

Also.. an UPDATE on new drivers.

I currently am using the 56.72 - the new drivers available at Http://www.Nvidia.com .

So far I am quite pleased, they fixed the floating menus from slowing down

I noticed a comment in the release notes "Windows XP: DualView Performance mode doesn't work" so I stuck with 56.64
Not sure what it means, but it sounded bad

The floating menus we fixed by turning off a bunch of the nview frill options. Always keep that stuff to a minimum!

Now if I could only figure out why my right-click menus don't work wit hypergraph on my second monitor!

Old 05-04-2004, 01:26 AM   #29
reload
digital artist

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this in, but as long as we are on the topic of display I figured it was worth a try...

Does anyone know how to get Maya to display alpha textures correctly in openGL without a Quadro but still using one of the Nvidia cards? Do the soft drivers work? If so, what are the steps to getting them to display? Can you display them without a Quadro? I've heard they work fine with an ATI card, but I don't have that option.

Thanks

Old 05-24-2004, 03:18 AM   #30
jennifer1013
Animator, Page 44 Studios

Send a message via AIM to jennifer1013
Talking

THANK YOU!! I've been busting my brains all day trying to figure out why the Maya viewports kept dissapearing when I switched from a 4 view to a single view.

Gosh - I wish I had found this earlier.

Thanks again!!!

reply share thread