meshFillet - modeling tool for Maya similar to MeshFusion

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 05 May 2014   #16
You have posted the news faster than me
Thanks to everybody for subscriptions, hope to have good news soon.

Last edited by kos88 : 05 May 2014 at 10:31 AM.

Old 05 May 2014   #17
I know I already said so, but this looks GREAT!

Old 05 May 2014   #18
I didn't checked on SOuP forum for a while so I went to see if there is any news about what you're doing..it seems like you just posted link for new site.

Well let's spread the word asap because it looks great, I said!

Question. Will there be more nodes besides SplitMesh and Blend node?
Suggestion. If there is then it would be cool to add them to a list on that website, or some kind of roadmap as what's not jet done but it will be soon. That way people can have rough picture of everything that will be possible with plugin and possibly get them more on board for the support.

Keep up the good work!

Old 05 May 2014   #19
This looks incredible
I will have to donate once payday arrives

It would be great if we could get a lot of traction behind this with the community and get Costantino enough support to get this released soon.

Costantino, would you be interested in releasing it as an opensource plugin if you get enough initial support/funding on this? it will certainly add to the longevity of the plugin in the sense that you wont have to maintain support, so people can recompile for later versions of Maya etc. Just a suggestion..
I'm sure it will be very successfull as a normal purchasable plugin. I would happily pay for something as amazing as this, but I've had it in the past where I've bought a plugin made by a small dev team which disbanded within a year and then the plugin didnt't work for future versions of Maya.

Keep up the awesome work

Cheers,
Chris.

Last edited by LinchpinZA : 05 May 2014 at 11:31 PM.

Old 05 May 2014   #20
Maybe I don't get out enough, but this is the most exciting thing I've seen in years. I've been following this thread since the start, and I can't wait for the release. Ummmm... Do you guys need any beta testers?

Old 05 May 2014   #21
I look forward to this, make sure to keep triangles down to a minimum ! If this comes out for Maya, there is nothing left for Modo. If only Maya had a operator stack that was clean and organized, most of Maya tools are pleasant to work with.

Old 05 May 2014   #22
Originally Posted by LinchpinZA: This looks incredible
I will have to donate once payday arrives

It would be great if we could get a lot of traction behind this with the community and get Costantino enough support to get this released soon.

Costantino, would you be interested in releasing it as an opensource plugin if you get enough initial support/funding on this? it will certainly add to the longevity of the plugin in the sense that you wont have to maintain support, so people can recompile for later versions of Maya etc. Just a suggestion..
I'm sure it will be very successfull as a normal purchasable plugin. I would happily pay for something as amazing as this, but I've had it in the past where I've bought a plugin made by a small dev team which disbanded within a year and then the plugin didnt't work for future versions of Maya.

Keep up the awesome work

Cheers,
Chris.

Hi Chris, thanks for your post.
I don't think to release the code..at this time for me is a full-time job, an investment for me, and the hope is to have revenue from licenses selling
For the longevity I think if it will be a succesfull tool won't be a problem..
I go back to the code.
Thanks to everybody to your support.
See you soon with updates.

Costantino

Old 05 May 2014   #23
I look forward to this tool, don't charge too much, maybe make beta testing, if so please include me

Old 05 May 2014   #24
Originally Posted by Falam: I look forward to this tool, don't charge too much

I second this, if the price is reasonable I would have no problem getting my studio to purchase a license.

Do you have any idea of what the pricing structure will look like?

Old 08 August 2014   #25
Any news on this? Are you putting together a beta test team? I'd love to help in any way I can!

Cheers!
Will
Senior Sculptor
Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08 August 2014   #26
If you still need a c++ guy to work on this, you can contact me

Old 08 August 2014   #27
looks really nice, nice clean boolean geometry in a snap!

Old 08 August 2014   #28
Maybe Autodesk already contacted the author and it will be released as an extension pack or 2016 ! This is a true gem for Maya !

Old 08 August 2014   #29
Hi guys,
At the moment I can't say anymore than that the project is going on, be patient.
As always thanks for your interest.

Cheers,
Costantino

Old 01 January 2015   #30
Hey Costantino, any updates on this yet by chance?

reply share thread