CGTalk > Software > Autodesk Maya
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  
Old 01-11-2014, 07:05 AM   #1
Austin, USA
Right-click pop-up missing 'Vertex..Face..Edge' options

Just tonight when I opened Maya, I found that when I right-click-hold on objects, the pop-up where you choose Vertex, Face, Edge..etc. does not have those options floating at top. The long drop-down list is still there (where you choose Material Attributes, etc.), but for some reason those separate little rectangles you normally click to choose vertices, edges, faces are missing.

Has anyone got any idea why those things might suddenly disappear? I tried looking through all the settings and preferences but couldn't see anything that appeared to have changed, so I'd appreciate any ideas on how to fix this so I can get back to work.

Old 01-11-2014, 07:17 AM   #2
Austin, USA
To quickly answer my own question...I found that the issue was that I'd selected the object in the Outliner, but when zooming in close to work on a part of it, I was inadvertently looking through the wireframe of a camera. That meant that right-clicking at that point had the camera effectively in the way of the object I was trying to deal with, so no amount of right clicking where I thought the object was would give the pop-ups to work with vertices and edges.

Needless to say, as long as there's nothing in the way of the object, the pop-up does show the options to work with the vertices/faces/edges.

Eh, pilot error as they say.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:17 AM   #3
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
Thread Closed share thread