visible in reflections/refractions override is missing in the attribute spread sheet

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2014
visible in reflections/refractions override is missing in the attribute spread sheet

is this a bug in 2014? the visible reflections/refractions override is missing in the attribute spreadsheets. Can you guys check the attribute spreadsheets in yours and see if they are there? danke.

01 January 2014
Its missing for me.

01 January 2014
Thanks Schempp

Does anyone know the workaround for this bug? We got the latest service pack (sp3) and its still missing.

01 January 2014
I checked Maya2004 sp1 and "visble in reflections/refractions" do appear in the attribute spreadsheet under the render tab.

If they don't for you then perhaps you have a custom layout or some hangover from old prefs... perhaps deleting your prefs might help.

01 January 2014
Hi Duncan,

We are using 2014 sp3 and I checked all the machines running Maya in the office they are also missing there.

I did notice that the bug has been addressed in Maya extension
Bug number MAYA-24363: Ensure all attributes are included in their delegated Attribute Spread Sheet columns (for example, visible in reflection/refraction, motion blur flags)

Our IT guy is away but I'll ask him if we have Maya extension available. Thanks.

01 January 2014
Odd... looking at that bug the fix should have made it into the service packs(which would explain why my local cut of Maya2014 sp1 doesn't seem to have the problem). Are you sure the service pack properly installed for you? In the menu help:about maya does say it is sp3?

The problem was introduced when the filter feature on the attribute spreadsheet was added.

01 January 2014
Good question, I couldn't find where it says which service pack has been installed, I only remembered the IT guy installing sp3 on all our machines when we first encountered this bug, but it may not have installed correctly. I will inquire with him when he's back at work. Thanks again Duncan.

01 January 2014
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread