I need advice

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2013   #1
I need advice

Hello my friends. I'm from Brazil and here I have no material related to computer graphics to be decent. I would greatly appreciate the help of all professionals as well as beginners and computer graphics. I am self taught and started this world (CG and VFX) month in April this year. My difficulty with this to give you with the programs. I learn the tools easily, but I can not concentrate on an exercise, and several start and not finish any. My question is whether it would be correct to start a project (character) its topology and going and will repeat this exercise until you no longer need assitor video tutorial or continue picking up a little here and there '. many apologies for bad English.'m learning now and also using the google translator. Tale COPM patience you. hello to everyone.

Old 09 September 2013   #2
Maybe do something specific and then use the tutorials as a guide to pick out specific techniques. I don't think there's any point to make a garden gnome or something if you really want to make a superhero. But I'd try something small first.

Old 09 September 2013   #3
Topology is mostly about idea and understanding. So don't just watch and copy blindly - think along why certain edges are laid down that way. Once you understand it you no longer need to watch it.

I assume you're trying to learn modeling right? Best way to learn is to just do it. Also if you're modeling human, stick a few pictures of muscle structure on your wall/desk top. It helps a ton.

Old 09 September 2013   #4
Originally Posted by Panupat: Topology is mostly about idea and understanding. So don't just watch and copy blindly - think along why certain edges are laid down that way. Once you understand it you no longer need to watch it.

I assume you're trying to learn modeling right? Best way to learn is to just do it. Also if you're modeling human, stick a few pictures of muscle structure on your wall/desk top. It helps a ton.

Yes I am following human modeling tutorial. and only now, after four months studying the Maya I'm starting to understand the tools and how to work the entire structure. I also enjoyed the Softimage interface and Silo (Silo very easy and quick to character modeling). But try to just focus on Maya for now.

Old 09 September 2013   #5
Originally Posted by schizofrantic: Maybe do something specific and then use the tutorials as a guide to pick out specific techniques. I don't think there's any point to make a garden gnome or something if you really want to make a superhero. But I'd try something small first.

Hi! alien in my avatar was watching tutorial silo. I can model looking. But without looking I can not yet. Take four months that I'm learning Maya. Actually, I never put my hands on software 3D. I'm really enjoying it. But I realize that it is difficult and many softwares to be used together and thus achieve perfect results. Patience must have.

Old 09 September 2013   #6
If it makes you feel any better, Arkatam, I've been using Maya since 2004 and still have a lot to learn! It's a marathon, not a sprint.

"Like stone we battle the wind... Beat down and strangle the rains..."

Old 09 September 2013   #7
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread