Bifröst

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by RebelPixel: Hello, how about Softimage?

What's that?

07 July 2013
Yes, what about Softimage?

Marcus Nordenstam comparison between Maya and Naiad Studio is a lame excuse to the 10 power.
If Bifrost is agnostic it doesn't need Maya for anything. Make a Bifrost authoring application that exports everywhere.

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by Bullit: Yes, what about Softimage?

Marcus Nordenstam comparison between Maya and Naiad Studio is a lame excuse to the 10 power.
If Bifrost is agnostic it doesn't need Maya for anything. Make a Bifrost authoring application that exports everywhere.

Yes you right. It's business as i wrote before.
If it would be independent app who will update Maya license?
It's like big plugin to Maya, that's all. To buy it you need a Maya also as addon
I think this what Marcus wan't to say

07 July 2013
People wanting a standalone application must realise that Naiad cost more than Maya. If Maya can export the results of simulations where is the problem with that?

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by Cheesestraws: People wanting a standalone application must realise that Naiad cost more than Maya. If Maya can export the results of simulations where is the problem with that?

The problem is that people dont want to use Maya?

07 July 2013
But why? You would only be using it for the exact same features that would be in a standalone application, there is no difference.

07 July 2013
Difference is its being used to push suites on people. Release Bifrost in three flavors, if you want make it part of the maya suite. I do not want to have to buy Maya, to use Naiad.

MY HMC

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by Airflow: Difference is its being used to push suites on people. Release Bifrost in three flavors, if you want make it part of the maya suite. I do not want to have to buy Maya, to use Naiad.

Sorry, but with not a single release, sales or marketing note in sight you know that how?
Naiad was fairly pricey, more costly than Maya by a long shot (over 7 grands PER YEAR), lets wait and see what they price it and distribute it like first, no?

07 July 2013
Based of their previous form with the pflow box 2 and 3, I would say this was a given. You can look on the max forum to see how that Pandora's box ended up.

MY HMC

08 August 2013
Here is a little more information on Bifrost and other things.

http://www.wholeapple.com/siggraph-...rs-group-event/

08 August 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread